1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All other games work but not deuce x

Discussion in 'PS2' started by c7015, Feb 19, 2003.

1. c7015

c7015 Regular member

I have burned several games including the getaway and other streaming games but my burned copy of deuce x dosent work it loads up and I can change all of the options but when I try to start the actuall game it goes to the red screen any ideas or has anyone ran into this. (also I have used the same discs that I did for all of my other games so it is not the media)

magic 3.1
    pioneer ao5u

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Really don't know....I copied DEUS X and had no prob doing that with Nero onto DVD+r.

I guess you try once more copying it... (mayby a bad burn).

3. Foka

Foka Member

I have exactly the same problem with MAX Paine and Deus ex.
    Really don't know why but it seems like a magic problem.

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I have also a copy of Max Payne... works fine again ! (I have them all !! ;-0 lol)

But I have messiah and that's the difference ....

5. jr_

jr_ Guest

Wiz the Messiah pep boy lol!
    I have the Magic 3.1 and the Messiah 2
    No problems with Dues X or Max Pane on Magic 3.1 or Messiah 2 PS2. I did have all the options set on these before I switched to the Magic 3.1 from the 3.0

Have you tried setting and saving all your options using the orginal disk first?

When it goes to the red screen is it like the PS2 is restarting or does it just instantly switch to it?

6. Jake2003

Jake2003 Regular member

I've had this problem with tiger woods 2003 and a dvd+r. I'm ticked off too cause its one of the few games I actually want

7. c7015

c7015 Regular member

I was thinking that it might have to do with the fact that the magic 3 goes to sleep and then when it goes to load the game it reads the disc again for the boot code and runs into problems because the chip is asleep ???

8. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Waky waky ! lol

The Messiah never sleeps !!!

9. jr_

jr_ Guest

The Messiah never sleeps and neither does the Magic 3
    Both the Messiah 2 and The Magic 3.1 sleep.

c7015: that was sort of why I asked if it was re-starting.

I don't know if it's possible to just go read the boot code off the disk without restarting. It may be that Sony made this not possible via hardware.
    If it is possible it would be very easy for Sony to overcome the current versions of Mod chips and Flip Top would be history but it would probably also make it easier to hack games like you would with a PC.

However I don't see this problem with these games in a Magic 3.1 or a Messiah 2.
    I will try to play them both a while tonight using a backups on each machine to make sure.
    I don't have Tiger Woods so can't comment

10. c7015

c7015 Regular member

yeah I have a 3.1
    sorry I just typed 3

11. c7015

c7015 Regular member

and it just loads up then I go to start game and it goes straight to the red screen

12. jr_

jr_ Guest

Sure does sound like a media problem. I will try it tonight on both PS2's and let you know.

13. jr_

jr_ Guest

I have some suprising (for me) news and an apology if I mislead you.
    I had played Max Pane and Dues Ex on this machine but it must have been when it had a Magic 3.0 or I was using my orginals, just can't remember.
    I first tried these 2 on my PS2 with the Messiah 2 and they both work fine.
    I then tried both on my wife's Magic 3.1 PS2 and they did exactly as you described.
    Magic 3.1 won't play these games!
    I think I need to start a new thread about the Magic 3.1 vs the Messiah 2 on this problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2003
  14. c7015

c7015 Regular member

I'm going to find a max payne to copy and see if it has the same problems but I'm going to make sure that the original was a good disc(scratch free) I'll post back when I do

Oh and it cant be a media problem I use the same media for all of my discs and this is the only one that I have had a problem with

15. skaiser

skaiser Guest

I have this problem with Mcrae 3 i have magic 2? Also Sum of all fears ejects disc says its invalid when try to nero it alcohol reads it but wont burn it? Is this the new phase of protection like on PC games?

16. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Yep same with me i get to the main menu in deus ex where i can change the options and other stuff then when i try to start the game it goes to the red screen. Same problem.

17. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

do you all have ps2 versions 7 or higher?

18. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

i have a version 4 magic 3.1 and it plays it just fine. Well max payne does. never tried dues ex.

19. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

I have a version 7 ps2. Maybe it just doesn't work with version 7 ps2's with magic 3.1

20. GaNgSta69

GaNgSta69 Member

i done quite some amount of Research on these unbooting games > its V7 ps2 's not the chips not the games but the actual machines . the ps2 board boots 2x or something and this version cannot overcome it, this problem is with Dues x and some newer games like true crime and as well as max payne .. i think we need to email messiah and magic to see if they can find a fix for this problem for users with this version of ps2 !! its not the media or anything its the ps2