1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all the help I can get

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by novicebb, Apr 25, 2005.

1. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

Ok I know nothing about softmodding your PS2. I hear about flip tops and slide cards use with the swapmagic software. I have a couple of questions though. Is there any way you can have both the swapmagic and the backup copy game all on the same disk to forgo the need to use a slide card or fliptop? I hear that you can't play back up copy of games if you use a "burned" copy of swap magic is this really true?

And is there a flip top for the older ps2 so you can use the swapmagic software?

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

-No, SwapMagic is basically the full size of the disc, necessary to fill the largest TOC that it can. So, there's no possible way to fit SwapMagic onto a disc with a game already on it.

-You need an original SwapMagic disc for it to work. Burned copies of this are pointless. (if you could boot a burned copy of SwapMagic, then what's the point of needing it? You would just boot the backups straight then too)

-Yes, there are fliptops available for the older ps2's. Just make sure the fliptop is compatible with your specific ps2 version. (ex. v4-7 fliptop or v9-10 fliptop, etc.)