1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost 100% Guide

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by GBHISME, Mar 6, 2003.

1. GBHISME

GBHISME Member

I am new in the game, but I would like to share my thoughts on how I have been copying dvd 9's. Here is how I copy dvd's. It may seem a little long, and too many steps to some more experienced users, but this has worked for me.
    Hardware, Pent 3 1.2 Ghz, 80 GB HD, Sony DRU-500A
    Software, DVD Decrypter, Instant Copy (Buy this program, a must-have)Nero Burning
    1. First rip the dvd using DVD Decrypter. 2. Then encode it using Instant Copy (save to another file other than where ripped file went) takes about 3-5 hours depending on PC. 3. After encoded, Use Instant Copy to burn image to a DVD-RW. (Change burn speed to "low" in Instant Copy Settings) 4. After burn complete, eject dvd-rw, and reinsert back into drive. Media PLayer, or Power DVD should pop-up. Explore "My Computer" and the drive where the DVD-RW is to make sure that the files themselves show up. If they do then you can test in your stand-alone dvd player for a second test. 5. Now use DVD Decrypter to rip encoded image from DVD-RW and to your hard drive in a new folder (I title mine RW). Once the file is ripped into "RW" use Nero Express to burn to a regular DVD-R and the most important thing is to keep the burn speed at 1x! Now you are done and should have a perfect copy of a DVD-9.. I test the DVD-R in the "My Computer" and standaloe just as I did in step 4. The reason I do this is because sometimes after they copy they will play in standalones, but not show the files in 'Explorer". They usually play like shite in the standalone when this happens.

If you are copying from a copy then you just rip to the hard drive, then burn at 1x... 1x is the key though to making good copys. It may take a while, but after making so many coasters it gets old, and I dont have money to burn. Peace and try this out and let me know what you think. It may be different with other models.

2. janderson

janderson Guest

Hello - a couple of questions: 1. after ripping, how do you get instant copy to encode? Do you select the whole video_ts folder (it won't let me do that) or just one of the files. What name.ext do you save to? 2. Why do you use Instant Copy to go to -RW and the Nero to go to -R. Why not just use Instant Copy to write to -R?

3. GBHISME

GBHISME Member

Are you ripping with DVD Decrypter? Make sure when you read the disc you under the mode option you also select "file", then under edit you select "select all" so that you copy all files from the DVD. If you have done this you should only have the "VIDEO.TS" file to select. As far as name, I just use movie title in all caps, no extension, (MATRIX). Now for your last question; For some reason when I write to a DVDRW ( I actually use a +RW, but should have same results with -) it comes out perfect everytime. If I use Instant Copy to write to a DVD-R, it doesnt allow you to select 1x write speeds. If you dont use 1x then you get coasters. Since Nero doesnt recognize the .PDI extension you cant just rip the encoded file at 1x. Thats why I burn to the RW, then rip from RW to a new folder, then burn using Nero (1x) to the DVD-R. Makes perfect copies. I have bunred 10 DVD-R's since last Sunday (3-2-2003) and I have not had a coaster all week. I have burned everything from Sopranos, The Ring, Knock Around Guys, to STNG. It works. Let me know when you get it to work.