1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AlphaShield

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aabbccdd, Jan 13, 2005.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

does anyone know anything about this product? would it limit what websites you can get into? would it stop the spyware since it hides your IP addy ? any info would be helpfull thinking about getting one thanks guys.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

And pray tell, what does a hardware firewall have to do with DVD for Newbies?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2005
  3. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

I never heard of the product, but can tell you that just because it hides your IP address does not mean you will get no spyware. If you download something with spyware embedded in it, you got spyware. You even download things without even knowing it alot of times, those are the things that have spyware.

If you want to stop spyware you have to scan for it and remove it.

And yeah brobear this has nothing to do with DVD for newbies... that didn't even occur to me.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

woops sorry guys . thanks for the info. anyway

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Good topic for the hardware section. Give that a spin. It's supposed to be an award winning piece of hardware (hype); I'd find out who gave those awards and for what; i.e. an innovation award means it does something differently, not that it does it really well. Watch the hype and find out if it actually does anything it's software counterparts don't.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2005