1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

already modded (modchip) PS2 needing advice on installing HDD.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by fox21, Apr 16, 2007.

1. fox21

fox21 Member

hello everyone I have a regular (fat) PS2 and I've already read through most of the steps on getting a HD+HDloader to work and install etc. Though most of the steps are directed to those who do not have a modded PS2 and are pointed to use Swapmagic and etc. I assume I don't need swap magic since my PS2 is modded but still wasn't sure if I would still need a Swapmagic for whatever reason needed to install the harddrive. Anyone mind giving me advice/steps of what I will/wont need with someone that has a modded PS2 already? Thanks in advance.

2. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

All you need is.

The latest Hdloader. (Download the iso and burn it) sksapps.com
    A compatible HDD - http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=list
    And a network adaptor to plug the hdd in.

3. fox21

fox21 Member

so that means I don't have to go through the whole process of getting the memory card and PSone game exploit?

4. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

Nope.
    Thats just an alternative to non-modchip users.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2007
  5. fox21

fox21 Member

alrigthy thanks everyone. Just need to find a HDD now. I assume its a better option to install the HDD into the PC first, reformat and then install games rather than using HDloader to install with the PS2 since I heard the PS2 lense/laser would be too fragile to handle that task and risks of damaging the laser?

6. steimy

steimy Active member

not really, either way will work fine. I have a DMS4 Pro chip in mine, which has a built in HD Loader. I used it to format the drive and put all my games on the hard drive.

Figure it this way, each game you put on the hard drive with your PS2 would be the same as playing that game for about 30 minutes.