1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alternative game freeze solution

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by djboogie, Jun 12, 2007.

1. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Ive been reading countless threads of game freezing, most notabely Oblivion and gears of war
    well, many people put this down to faulty discs, and in some cases it MIGHT be the disc/ dvd drive. Yet certainly not always.

Oblivion is the worst offender as it seems to lock up at the same place, meaning you cannot access certain parts of the game or advance further.

So having had this happen to me on a couple of occasions, I try the game with a fresh start, using no hard drive on the 360 (disconnected it)
    Having gone through the boring parts, I try to access the same part where the game freezes int he saved game, and it doesnt freeze. Therefore its a memory issue.

The way around this was to format the hard drive but keep the game saves
    get yourself a xeno connectivity kit connec tthe larger pcb to your 360 hard drive, then connect the molex, sata, and usb to your pc, boot up. Using xplorer 360 to view the files, save everything in "partition 3"
    put your 360 drive back in the xb360, then format it (you'll need your xbox 360 serial to format)

after formatting, reconnect the drive to the pc, uopen xplorer 360 again, and drag the content back to your 360 hdd (this will give you your gamertags, users, saves etc back)
    Bear in mind, if you have any xbox live downloads, you will also need to save those too, I didnt have any downloads on my hdd.

when you connect your hdd back to your 360, the game freezing errors are sorted
    Ive tried this 3 times, all were succesful in solving the freeze issues for oblivion.

It may not solve all freeze issues with the 360, but it can solve the less obvious and irritating ones!

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

awesome thanks for the info, i have been having problems with GRAW2, it keeps freezing in the tutorial, i will try this and report back.