1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative to DVD X Copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by silvrants, Nov 23, 2004.

1. silvrants

silvrants Member

Hi,
    I have been having trouble with DVD X-copy Platinum and would like to know of an alternative program. I know 321 Studios is closed, but I have been able to make my backups until recently. I first had trouble with Memorex DVD+RW and now I am having trouble with Memorex DVD-RW. The movies backup and play fine on the PC, but when I put them in the DVD player I get an error. Any solutions would be great! And any recommendations for another program.
    Thank you
    Jerry

2. kchev

kchev Regular member

DVDShrink it's free also

I would recommend getting rid of Memorex also for something like Taiyo Yuden, Ritek, or Verbatim. There are a few others, but those are some of the main ones to look for.

3. ashamba

ashamba Member

just like you i purchased Xcopy plat with great dreams of copying anything....two copies later and nothing but problems....(recently threw them both in the trash).
    1st) download a copy of Shrink (its free) automatically shrinks your movie down to a size that will fit and has the decoder built in.
    2nd)download a copy of DVDdecryptor. Also free.

Both are under downloads in AfterDawn....top downloads. Use Shrink to burn to your hard drive and set up to automatically start decryptor as your burner.

I have used -r and +r and rw....so far so good...no problems

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Like kchev said, almost anything but memorex. They buy their media from several manufactures and you never know what your going to get. If you buy online try Taiyo Yuden, or Ritek Ridata (Ricohjpn) dvd+r. If you buy local try Maxell, TDK, or Sony. I put memorex at the bottom of all brand name media.

Again I agree, dvd shrink and nero if you have it as your burn utility. Use dvd decryptor to burn if you don't have nero or nero has a 30 day (I think) free trial period. Just click on the blue links to download or get the proggy's under the software tab at the top of the page.