1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative ways for creating boot disk for flashing ms28 with iextreme 1.2+ firmware?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ronaldo12, Jun 27, 2007.

1. ronaldo12

ronaldo12 Guest

Alternative ways for creating boot disk for flashing ms28 with iextreme 1.2+ firmware?

i have a dell dimesion 4600 which i dont think supports booting from USB drives.

what are the other alternative ways? i am using a via VT6421 raid controller - which is perfect.

2. Sudds

Sudds Active member

3. ronaldo12

ronaldo12 Guest

a CD is read only!

i need to read the xbox firmware, and the files i put on it will patch it automatically (usb disk) and write the hacked firmware. but i cannot do this on a CD.

any easier method? can i update bios?

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Floppy disk works for me. Old school so your PC might not support it. Then again, a BIOS update to your MB might enable booting from USB. Oh yeah, the NTFS for Dos CD writes the files to your hard drive in your computer. It only boots to a dos prompt and allows you to access NTFS file systems.

5. Sudds

Sudds Active member

If he had of clicked the link... all the info was there.

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

If we could get people to click links and read stickies, we wouldn't have to be here all day answering the same old questions countless times.

7. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Very true mate.