1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alternatives to the mod chip..... what is the best?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kmac14_99, Dec 4, 2004.

1. kmac14_99

kmac14_99 Member

I dont want to install a modchip in my ps2, and people have told me different things to use ex. slide card, swap disc. What is the best thing to use?

2. help-meee

help-meee Member

dude i want to no the same tin but no one will tell and i want to no if i can burn games and then jus play them.i ave no swap magic or nethin else

3. help-meee

help-meee Member

why is no one repling????????????????????????????????????????i REALLY REALLY REALLY need help?u all seem to no everytin there is so wud ye like to tell please?

4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I believe the best alternative to a mod chip is to just buy the darn game ...

5. trgrpullr

trgrpullr Regular member

try a flip top (or slide card )and swap magic. if you use a slide card, you dont have to open the console

6. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Fliptop is your best bet, with swap magic discs.

You will have to open your ps2 but its better than slidecard.

7. Seufari

Seufari Member

I recently got HD Advance with a Hard drive and couldnt be more happy with it.

It is great.

8. rustyfanz

rustyfanz Guest

Swap Magic discs are the best, you can get one here,
    http://www.swapnslide.com/slidecard.html
    get the swap disc slide card combo, second one down on this page. theyre the best and take like no intelligence, take that back, no techno smarts, to install, plus you don't even have to rip your consol to threads. take it from me, you don't want a mod, especially if you live in a little town. my father, who is awesome at saughtering, took mine appart. it intimidated him so much, he made like 5 connections and left my ps2 sit for 2 months. then i took it to the only place in town that worked on electronics and he couldn't do it. so, i had to take the mod chip out, then when i put the cover on, it wouldn't eject so i had to get a new eject cable for $8. then i got it, put it on and it still wouldn't eject so I had to frankenstine my ps2 and let the eject/reset button hang out all over the place. I also had to cut out my "magic gates" above my memory card ports. now, about 6 mounths after i wanted the mod chip, I finnally have my ps2 back but the other day i found out i cant load/save anything so i'm gonna have to get a new ps2! I mean it plays games fine and dandy but if i ever want to play san andreas at the point that i was at in the game, i have to get a new ps2! take it from my sad story, DON'T GET A MOD CHIP.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2004
  9. biggoltee

biggoltee Member

If you don't want to install one you have just a couple choices 1.flip-top swap magic combo 2.swap magic w/slidecard 3.Buy a pre-modded PS2.4. HD Advance/HD loaded and HDD & Network Adapter 5.Which I think is the most risky is you'll have to send your PS2 to a company to install your mod chip for you.
    I use a flip-top and works find but when I get enough
    money I'm going to get either A pre-mod or hdd.
    I hopes this helps

10. chapimp75

chapimp75 Member

Your Best choice is the Flip-Top Swap Magic Combo,is
    easy to take the ps2 apart and replace the cover.

Trust me you don't want to mod your ps2 yourself,
    I did it with no experience and finally got it after burning 2 ps2's.
    If you buy it pre-moded you'll pay an arm and a leg for it.

Now the swap magic w/slidecard, I have that but I hate to see my PS2 with the DVD tray cover missing all the time.