1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alternatives?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by soupnaz, May 31, 2007.

1. soupnaz

soupnaz Guest

are there any alternatives to magic swap? and mod chips??

i want to play backed up games but id rather not spend 30 dollars are there any free alternatives? or cheaper

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

There is the memory card exploit

and also check the PDR thread in the DVD backup forum.

3. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

The Mem card exploit(which I use)will still cost a little money as you have to buy a cheat device unless you know someone with a modded PS2 already to install the exploit. Although I prefer this method over Swap Magic. With SM you have to rebuild/patch alot of games to get them to work. With a Mem card exploit you only have to rebuild DVD9 games, and like 2 out of the 120 backups I have you need to load zoneloader first. Well that's my 2 cents hope it helps.

4. foolios

foolios Member

Can I give you some advice? It takes a lot of searching and time and practice to do what you want to do for free. Alas, free time used up in research is money lost from working on other projects in some people's eyes. Unless you have an inclination to really learn a lot during your endeavor to avoid spending $30, I would strongly suggest that you consider either magic swap or a mod, with my strongest preference being the mod. I'm only suggesting this because I have gained some serious insight after having a go at this. If it will mean waiting a few weeks to get the sm or a month or two in order to get the modchip, I would most certainly recommend you partake one of those options. You will be so much more happy in the long run.

But if you decide to keep trying the free route, keep searching and digging through the posts, you will find relevant threads dating way back to help your cause.

Good Luck

5. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Swap Magic > Mem card exploit