1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always-On, 24/7 DVD players: suggestions?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by AgnoStick, Feb 27, 2005.

1. AgnoStick

AgnoStick Guest

I work in at a 24/7 clinic and I have setup a dvd player that plays children's movies all the time, just looping it for the kids who are in the waiting room.

I have gone through 4 5-DVD carousel players within the last 18 months, they just stop working. The motor dies or something, definately a mechanical failure. I was searching online for a dvd player that would fit my needs or are designed for this kind of situtation, I found some industrial ones but I wasn't sure on if they were the right fit (a lot of features and non specifically said they would play non stop movies).

I would prefer a Carousel player but if what I am looking for is only a one disc player, thats fine, I can put 2 movies on 1 disc and just have staff swap them every so often.

Basically 2 questions:

Will DVD-R media "go bad/stop working" if played for to long (right now I am using pressed DVDs bought in store, but I am planning to cut out menus and put 2 movies on 1 dvd-r disc) and is there a DVD player out there that fits my needs or is designed for being able to play DVD movies non stop. Any help would be appreciated.

2. AgnoStick

AgnoStick Guest

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

are they copy protected childrens movies? you could look at buying a stand alone DVD burrner player with a hard drive in it and copy the movies to the hard drive and have the hard drive loop them over and over. most are between $200 and $600 bucks. Just a sugestion.

Even if they are copy protected as long as you own them if you had a DVD burrner on your computer you could make backups of the DVDs and then copy the unprotected copy onto the hard drive of the stand alone player.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

wow I never thought of that larry. I didn't realize they had hard drives that large. I just googled and found a liteon unit with 160Gig HD. That's close to 40 movies if you run them through Shrink....lol