1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always Pixolated!!!! WHY?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rizzla, Feb 10, 2004.

1. rizzla

rizzla Guest

Everytime I DL a film then convert it in TMPGE they always tend to come out pixolated! Where or what am i doing wrong?

2. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

No piracy talk, mate.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It could be a film he/she purchased in DivX format as i have seen them myself.

Basically, you are taking an avi file, DivX or Xvid and re-encoding in TMPGEnc from the sounds of it. The avi file is a compressed file and will never be as high quality as an MPEG2, though some would disagree, but from my own experience, re-coding always leaves a semi-pixelated movie.

4. rizzla

rizzla Guest

Peace & Loving Oriphus!!!

Big up your key board!!! Big Type out to u mate!!!

5. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Hehe, sorry i hopped on you there, Riz, just gotta be a bit careful about the ''DL'' phrase, y'know, be a shame to see a helpful site like this 'un blown up 'cos of a few careless statements. Try something different like MainConcept MPEG Encoder, i use this over TMPEGEnc, personally.

Peace, mate

Dene
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]nineteenseventythree[/small]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2004
  6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thank You, you as well :)

7. rizzla

rizzla Guest

So you tink that one is better then TMPGE? is there any places where I can get an tutorial on it? No Big about B4 safc_66 peace and loving out to you! ;)

8. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Not sure about a tutorial, riz, but it's pretty straight-forward. Select audio & video input (the .avi), make a new folder on your HDD for the resulting output-file. Then you got 4 pull-downs to sort out. MPEG Type- lets you select DVD, SVCD, VCD, etc. Stream type- audio, video or both. Video mode- PAL or NTSC. Finally audio mode. Press convert. Usually takes my computer about 2 and a half hours to re-code a 700mb .avi.

Dene