1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I an idiot? Or: no solid source of info for PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by destr0yer, Feb 10, 2007.

1. destr0yer

destr0yer Member

Hi all,

You've probably heard this a thousand times on here, but I'm at my wits end after searching for hours.

I own a PSP, bought in November last year - unknown motherboard version (opening the UMD drive shows NO PCB visible, unlike the many pictures I've seen of identifying marks), and firmware version 1.60 (updated myself late last year).

Now, am I to follow instructions here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/01/25/custom-firmware-303-oe-c-released/
    in order to 'test' ;) downloaded games? Or should I update to 3.10 OE? Or should I downgrade to version 1.5? It seems that every source of info on the net has a great fix, but with many dependancies (must have X firmware already, etc).

I'm not a tool or an idiot, but really could use some friendly advice on where I should start (or better still, someone to say YES use the above link as instructed!!! (providing it wont brick my device))

Cheers,
    Dave

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

3. destr0yer

destr0yer Member

Sorted - thanks for the reassurance, however a point to note is that infact I have firmware version 2.60 !

Cheers,
    Dave