1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i being paranoid??

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ozsurfie, Feb 20, 2007.

1. ozsurfie

ozsurfie Guest

the subject leaves me open for all sorts of comments :) but in the last couple of days according to pg2 my computer is trying to contact( whatever the tech term is ) an ip address 10.255.255.255 which pg2 says is IBM corporation and doing a whois says is in a IANA reserved range.
    i have exited from skype , messenger etc etc no d'l happening just me typing this -
    I have run ad aware, spy buster and pest patrol to no avail , i have nod 32 running and use kerio firewall and a router so i am wondering how it is all happenning. The only possible thing out of the ordinary was that email about johnnys heart attack but that led to a supposed online page not a .exe or similar
    any suggestions , ideas ?
    MAny thanks in advance for your help and time

2. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Just means someone using a comp in that domain is connected to you...prolly someone that wants something for free also ;) You said you are no dl'ing anything i think, but if you visit certain webpages with PG enabled you also get hit by all types of weird things....i wouldnt be too concerned, atleast it isnt ware-net.org/MPAA/RIAA/baytsp!!!

EDIT

wow just realized how old this thread was, oh well :/

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007