1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Bricked ?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by muzz1313, Jan 19, 2007.

1. muzz1313

muzz1313 Member

hey gang
    first off let me thank you all for the mounds of information ive gotten from the forums up till now :)
    you all are a buncha smart sons of guns : )

anyhow my problem,
    ok i have a psp originally a 1.50 type (purchased third week of US release)
    every so often ill come on line find some nice homebrew to put on it .. then i discovered all about Dark Alex and his latest greatets FW
    so i downgraded from the 2.71 ( thanks to mortal kombat unchained )
    down to 1.50 and installed Dark Alex's open source (3.03 i blieve )
    anyhow i was trying to transfer and convert some psx games i own onto my psp and got into the recovery menu . here is where things go bad ..
    i went into the configuration menu and changed the
    Game folder homebrew (currently 3.03) to Game Folder homebrew (currently 1.50 )
    what i was trying to do was to restore my psp to 1.50 as i was told recovery would do however when ever i turn on my psp its a black screen the memory stick light flickers for a few seconds then turns itself off ...
    so i went back and changed the option i had changed back to the default restarted .. did the same thing again .. black screen
    memory light flickers and shutdown ..

now before i get flamed for being a noob and all that i could use a hand in getting my psp back up and running, and being a bit of a technotard please step by step instructions in fixing it would be thankful

many thanks in advance gang and keep up the good work

2. muzz1313

muzz1313 Member

i should mention i can access the recovery menu (a purple screen ) and change options in there but am a bit afraid to do it in fear of bricking my psp for sure ...
    thanks again

3. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

get the recovery folder from someone, and then when in recovery toggle usb, and put the recovery folder in X:\PSP\GAME\RECOVERY

then you'll be fine.

4. muzz1313

muzz1313 Member

thanks for the fast response smurff but a few questions if i may ..
    1. the recovery file i have is on my pc is that the file your talking about ( came with dark alex's download )
    2 . if that is the file your talking about how do i access it if the only screen i can get to is the recovery screen ?
    please excuse my newbish ways .. : )

5. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

on the recovery screen

top of the list is toggle usb.

click that, then on ur pc drag the recovery folder w/ it's contents to where it should be, then on ur psp run the recovery portion.

6. muzz1313

muzz1313 Member

many thanks for the help worked like a charm : ) now if i can find a guide that lets my run my psx on my 3.03 oeb i would be set : ) once agian thanks my blue friend : )

7. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

guide is, rip or download psx game in .iso or .bin/.cue format (if it's already in eboot.pbp w/ a keys.bin ur set) if it's .iso or .bin/.cue then run it thru zingaburga's popstation, and it'll turn it into eboot.pbp and create a keys.bin u then place those 2 files into a folder inside of game

so like this

X:\PSP\GAME\FFVII\
    then inside that folder would be your eboot.pbp and keys.bin

8. muzz1313

muzz1313 Member

Just a Fast update Smurff did what you said found a good conversion program ( one thats pretty much idiot proof : ) and it works like a charm : now if i can find a program to make the pngs and backgrounds for the games iso instead of the stand icons i will be set : ) just wanted to drop in and thank you once again for taking the time to spell it all out for me : )
    Thanks once again

9. tony147

tony147 Member

There are a few POP Conversion programs at www.psp-hacks.com.