1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I doing this right? Need help, thanx

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Peruco, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Peruco

Peruco Guest

I have been trying to create backups to my ps2 games for the longest, back in 2001 I had someone put a modchip in my ps2 and they gave me NeoKey, they said using this and a gameshark I should be able to play my backups and it did, but I didnt make the backups they gave me some and they played fine, then one day they just dissapeared, so since I didnt have a source to get backups I been searching the net for help on how to create backups but since I dont really know much about this kinda stuff I feell counfused when I read about patches and stuff. but heres what I got installed in my computer:
    Windows XP
    Prassi Primo
    Nero 5
    and a DVD Burner
    what steps do I need to take for me to burn the games?
    I've read in another post that if I succesfully backup a game my NeoKey wont read it on DVD-R format??
    Thanx in advance
    p.s. on a sidenote I once succesfully made a backup of Virtua Fighter 4, all I did was copy the files to my HD and burned it into a cd and my ps2 read it fine, I understand that it was easier since VF 4 is in cd format, then I tried the same with NFL 2k3 and the game is on the DVD format and it was so complicated, for some reason Nero would not let me do it saying the file was too big but it was less than 4.7 GB.

2. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

If you want to boot dvd-r you will need to get a different chip. Nero will burn any game but the reason you got that error was because the fat32 file system only supports file sizes of 4gb or less. If you want to stick with nero just convert your hard drive over to ntfs and you shouldn't have a problem burning games over 4gb.

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Depending on which version of Nero you have it should automatically seperate the file size into a few parts so it will fit on your HD. I know Prassi will split them into smaller sizes. You stated you have Windows XP, do you know if it is in Fat32 or NTFS.

4. Peruco

Peruco Guest

thankx for the replies I appreciated. Bluebus you stated that I need a new chip, how would I go to get a new chip the people who installed the old chip are long gone is there any other way I can boot the discs?? and how would I check if my system is Fat32 or NTFS??
    Thanx again.

5. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

Well I could help you out and install a new chip for you but I know most people don't trust someone they don't know and I understand that. Your other option would be to have a reputable place do it for you which usually costs more but at least you know you can trust them. There are a lot of them out there so if you search you're sure to find one. As far as checking wether your system is fat32 or ntfs just right click on your hard drive in "my computer" and select properties. There you will see - File System: ntfs or fat32