1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i flashed or not...please help!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by inkognit0, Jan 29, 2007.

1. inkognit0

inkognit0 Member

hi guys,
    i just got me a 360 off ebay, when it got here i popped the face plate off and noticed the warrenty had been broken, so i figured A: it been repaired or B: someones flashed this sucker

so i grabbed my back up of call of duty 3 for xbox1 and pooped it in...and it came up and said to play original xbox games you must have a hard drive...and i got giddy, considering it was actually reading it as an xbox game...so i went and downloaded lost planet "region free" from a well known torrent site....and went a purchased 3 HP invent 8.5gb double layer dvd+r's from wal mart....well today the torrent finished i extracted the .dvd and .iso files...i read a few tutorials on how to burn properly...i got clonecd 5.3.0.1 and burned it.

it finished i popped it in my 360 and a screen came up saying...to play this game, put it in an xbox 360 console

then i went back to the desktop and noticed it said play dvd...not game...and when i had tried with call of duty 3 it said it was infact a game...but i dont have a hard drive so i couldnt test it to see if actually worked

i did'nt alter anything in the .dvd or .iso...i figured it was done already, it was the allstars version of lost planet, and im pretty much in the dark here...is my firmware infact flashed?? how can i tell...and if its been flashed and needs updateing...how hard is it? and if you could please link me to a tutorial!!

thanks in advance for your reply! and sorry for my noobishness! lol

2. udaredme

udaredme Member

did you patch the SS to the game? If you put a properly burned backup in your 360 and it plays..yeah id say its been flashed..theres a good guide at the top of this forum, read that, it should help. you do have to merge the SS sectors to the burned game..the tutorial tells you all that..

3. inkognit0

inkognit0 Member

thanks a lot man, and no i didnt patch anything...i figured it was pre patched being from a torrent site...

before i waste another disk lol...how do i know im flashed for sure...the 360 shouldnt even be reading these dvd-rs should it? the fact i put cod3 in and it said it was an original xbox game is a good sign of being flashed right?? it just said i would have to have a ahrd drive to play it...is there any small emu disk or something i could test before using my last double layer dvd+r?

thanks again for the reply~

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Hp discs are crap though. So even if it is flashed, it could been the media. Try a Verbatim DVD+R DL and burn at 4x. If it doesn't play, you're not flashed.

5. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I don't even think COD3 for the original Xbox is even compatable with the 360 since the 360 also has COD3.

6. inkognit0

inkognit0 Member

well....if it read the game as an xbox one game off of a dvd-r...does that mean anything...i dont have money to throw around to get more double layer dvd+rs when im not sure if its even flashed...if i find out its flashed ill buy a shit load..but untill then, i need to know if this is a good sign that it read the dvd as an xbox one game...compatible on 360 or not.

7. inkognit0

inkognit0 Member

sorry about the double post jsut want to say thanks to everyone who has replyed!

8. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Do you have any xbox1 backups that are on the backwards list and aren't also on the 360 to test?

9. inkognit0

inkognit0 Member

yea a few...but its just going to tell me i need a hard drive...and it wouldnt matter if the game was also on the 360...well i dont think so!

im just woundering why it read an xbox1 backup as being a game? something would have to be moddfied correct? an 360 even read dvd-r/rw movies and such with out flashing??

thanks for you posts

10. inkognit0

inkognit0 Member

is any homebrew avalible...or emu disks converted to work with 360...just anything i can try that i dont have to have a hard drive for would be wounderful!
    thanks for all your replys please get back to me

11. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

nope no homebrew, 360 cant run unsigned code, WONT HAPPEN FOR WHILE, just barrow a hard drive from someone, and try it out, or barrow a friends burned 360 game, and the drive does not have to be modded for it to be detected for it to read an original xbox backup, because mine did before it was ever opened.

12. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i really doubt its flashed.

13. BiggieSma

BiggieSma Member

I got XBOX 360 this week. I have 13GB hard disk in it and i borrowed few original XBOX games and my console says that I need to download a version 1.0 of what-so-ever program to play original xbox 360. And after that I read from somewhere on internet gaming site that XBOX 360 are NOT backward compatible to original XBOX games. I modded my XBOX 360 still the original XBOX game won't work so it do nothing if u try original XBOX game to test is ur 360 modded or not. I think u can't find it anywhere else then testing it with fully right burned XBOX 360 game.

I hope u got something in from this.

14. inkognit0

inkognit0 Member

thanks i really appriciate all the replys

15. Astromic

Astromic Member

No you are not flashed I am sorry to say.

If it gives you the error of please insert disk into a 360 consol, that is the error you get when you put a burned game in an unflashed 360.

100% sure you are not flashed, someone broke the seal just playing around most likely. Watch out since it was purchased on Ebay that the machine works 100% correct. Watch for overheating or other issues someone inside might have made.