1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i getting decent torrent speeds?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by 97bullock, Feb 10, 2005.

1. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

hi.ive seen a lot of people saying how they get blazing downloads from doing router configurations etc and laugh at 10/kbs saying how annoyingly slow this is.i thought i had decent speeds until i saw all that which made me question my speeds.

i generally get between 10 and 20/kbs speeds with some reaching 30/kbs or so.i usually download around 3 torrents at a time varying from 700mb to 2 or 3 gig.i have tried a few clients but am currently using bitlord.

i have a 256k connection with a bt voyager 105 usb modem and use aol to connect (dont know if that matters).

i generally use isohunt and torrentreactor to attain my torrents and usually use torrents with plenty of peers etc.

am i getting a decent speed out of my torrents based on my connection etc or should i expect more?

if i should be getting more,how do i configure or whatever to get more out of my downloads?

i am using Windows ME and avst home edition anti virus and McAfee antivirus software.dont know if either use firewall etc.

2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

oh,BTW some d/l go under ten and some reach 1 or 2 for a long time before reaching ten again.cant really moan as they dont stay this low all through the download but they do for a long time.

3. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

you mean your using two antivirus software's at the same time? thats very bad - does your system seem slow?
    plus with two, they are conflicting each other - if you did get a virus, they wouldn't see it - only have one AV running, but u need a firewall!

and yes - 20 is about the max for a 256 connection, usually 25 at the very very max.

4. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

ok.im gonna get rid of mcafee.Avast has served me well!

man that kinda sucks.im gonna upgrade to 512k soon.

thanx!