1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i missing something

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by qpasha, Aug 21, 2004.

1. qpasha

qpasha Member

I was reading the guides, http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/ , http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm , and http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/101198 ,

the reaoni ask if im missing something, is my steps are as follow
    1. dvd shrink
    2. open disk
    3. fulldisk or reauthor
    4. Backup and select my burner as the destination.

i havent had any coasters yet and they play in my dvd player. the reason i ask is because some of the guides say i should save to hard disk, but when i burn to my burner, it automatically creates those files, so am i missing something?

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi qpasha

What your doing is called ripping and burning on the fly(very risky),and not reccomended.(unless your need a nice collection of coasters).Your asking for errors,not to mention, ripping to your hard drive is faster.

good luck
    jim

3. qpasha

qpasha Member

yeah i though i was missing somethign it hought that, that it burned to my hd then burned the files to the disck.
    when the origianl can fit on onbe dissk i use the decrypter using the following steps
    1. open decrypteter
    2. iso read
    3. iso write , selecting the iso. file created and then destination as the burnerthis isnt on the fly is it?
    its just that when i the file has to be reauthoered that i run into problems,, because the shrink doest recongnize the iso file created by the decypter.but in reading further i think thats the mistake that i;m making, instead of using the decrpter on dvd-9's i should just use the shrink to create the files to hard disk, but then does it automatically burn the disk, and if it does then i still dont see the difference, because thats what it looks like its doing anyways, when i use the proceess i described in my original post the light to my dvd-rom doest turn on at all, its reading the files that it createdd.right?

4. qpasha

qpasha Member

i dont htink its on the fly because, eventhough i select the burner, i didnt insert the blank media, and so after it was done encoding, it asked me to insert it, so i did, and and iaslo removed the original from the dvd-rom, so it burned straight from the files it created

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

None of the ripping/compressing apps work as "on the fly". They will make an image to your hard drive that will either remain there or be automatically deleted after the burn depending on what app you use :)

6. qpasha

qpasha Member

i'm upt 8 dvds this way, without a coaster, other than taking like 30 minutes+, they are burning just fine, i'd like to burn faster, but not sure what firware to download, and i'm scared after baabaa said that a bad firware can make my burner useless.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member