1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I screwed?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by tr0n0, Nov 15, 2007.

1. tr0n0

tr0n0 Member

Okay well here's the story. I got my wiikey a few days ago and installed it yesterday, it seemed to be working fine, i could run the configuration disc and originals played fine. I updated the Wiikey to 1.9g for SMG. I got a backup of SMG to try. When i put the disc in it offered to to do the update. I'm an idiot so i let it start. However about 1/3 of the way through, it just wouldn;t keep updating. I left it for at least 10 mins without it going up, so I ejected the disc thinking maybe i could reinsert it and try again. it told me the wii update failed. SO i restarted my wii, and tried loading the SMG disc again. This time it said it couldn't read the disc, so I was thinking.. hmm odd. So i tried an original Wii game... no go. Then a gamecube game, no go, so i tried the wiikey recovery disc for 1.9b. I'm not sure it if worked or not. Sooo.. is my wii bricked?

I used Sony DVD + Rs for all the discs and ImgBurn or Nero for all the discs...a ny help would be appreciated please, I need to know if theres anything I can do.. i'm worried

2. tr0n0

tr0n0 Member

Oh also.. heres the message I got when I tried wii sports

"An error has occured. Press the eject button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations manual for help troubleshooting"

3. tr0n0

tr0n0 Member

Oh just one more thing... the SMG disc was NTSC, at least according to the .nfo

4. Sexorcist

Sexorcist Member

i did the EXACT same thing with PAL SMG, except I didn't eject the disc at 30% when it froze, I let it continue and it updated fully and works like a charm...

Lemme guess, ten minutes really was more something like 30 secs?

5. tr0n0

tr0n0 Member

no it was definitely longer then that, I watched about half an episode of south park between when i saw it stop there and when i checked again.. is there anything I can do?

6. Menion

Menion Regular member

try the wiikey recovery disc in this situation u have nothing to lose

7. tr0n0

tr0n0 Member

I already tried that :(. I'm going to bing it to my friends house and try applying the update online and if that doesn't work I'll try taking th WiiKey out of the system, though I really hope it doesn't come to that.

8. tr0n0

tr0n0 Member

I got the update installed over wi-fi.... but it still wont play discs, original or not

9. kondor

kondor Regular member

take the chip out, please keep us informed

10. tr0n0

tr0n0 Member

Okay i took out the chip, (i lost one of the contacts when i took it out, does that matter for playing originals?) and still won't play originals (gamecube or wii). I tried it without the cover on, and the DVD drive isnt spinning now... but i knpw it was spinning before i tried the update otherwise i wouldnt have been able to launch the updaters and that. Yeah i think my Wii is officially done...damnit

11. tr0n0

tr0n0 Member

I can't figure this out... I may have damage one of the legs too ahh.. I'll ask someone who knows and has more skill in this and see if this is salvageable. Otherwise I just killed my Wii :( Some engineer I am

12. kondor

kondor Regular member

just out of interest
    try turning it on, and instead of pressing "A" press "+" and "-" and then while holding them press "A".

see if it makes any difference.