1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the FIRST to post that the 360 ELITE (1337) is moddable

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ha9981, Apr 21, 2007.

1. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

The link looks a bit fishy by its name but if that holds true about what you're saying,then THAT would make the joy for some people!But we still don't know if all the elites come with that hitachi drive or only some of them.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  3. reprazent

reprazent Regular member

That link sounds fishy because they don't even bother to supply a link to the original site:

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/news/inside_the_xbox_360_elite.htm

I sorta get annoyed by all these people on the net who will believe anything that's posted on the net, oftenly just rumors. Just like with the so called godlike Benq drive, I still don't believe it's any better or quieter than a Hitachi or Samsung.

I agree with Ty4ever: it's nice that their dissected Elite has got a Hitachi drive in it, but that doesn't prove every machine will. Elites could easily have a Samsung or Benq drive in it too.

4. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Um...according to xbox-scene.com it does have a Hitachi GDR-3120L FK78 DVD drive in it.

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Someone on Blackcats said they got an Elite with a 79fk. It sounds to me like the Elites will have different drives like the Premiums and Cores. We'll obviously know for sure when the street date hits.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  6. Blasterjk

Blasterjk Guest

I see alot of people whining that they feel screwed because they already bought a 360 and now the Elite is here blahblahblah. Big freaking deal, if I didnt already have a 360 I would still buy the premium I have. Hell if I would have known what I now know after much research I would have saved $100 and bought the basic and added my own HD. $178.00 for a 120gig hd, no thanks. Not when I can buy a non-xbox brand external usb drive of the same size for $55.00. If they would have made the leap of faith and went with the hdtv drive built in then it might almost be worth the price.

google how to make your own hd's, not a hard thing to do to save alot of money.