1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am new

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bklyn1028, Nov 11, 2004.

1. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

need assistance, want to buy a burner, burn dvd's but am an avid freak for quality, getting the whole thing with losing very little, and of course dts, or 5.1. Dont care what i have to buy, just want the quality

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have 2 pioneer 108s, & am very pleased with them. I can read & burn a 7.5gig movie in under 40 mins.

3. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

what i need is guidance how to make a perfect copy, is it possible, with all the quality and 5.1 and/or DTS?

4. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

a friend burned Man on Fire, and didn't have any DTS or any surround sound, she has not sure what burner, but dvd clonerII. Is it possible to burn and keep the surround sound, with very little loss in quality?

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I would recommend that you get dvd shrink & nero 6 installed. With the help of the guides in this forum, Scuba pete does a good turn ;), you should get top results. If I am not mistaken you will be able to retain all your sound options etc. Just look on this forum, there is loads of help out there! Dependant on the size of the movie you are copying, if it is over 4.3gig you will need to compress. Having said that the picture quality with compression is very good. It all depends on how much you use!
    Kind Regards,
    Pulsar.