1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am so confused

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by acid5214, Feb 8, 2007.

1. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

Help! I understand I have a samsung dvd drive. But what I don't get is all of these talks about ms25 ms28 ect... please clear it up for me! Thanks.

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

look on the sticker at the bottom of your drive, requiring you to open the 360 and void your warranty, and it will read firmware=MS25 or MS28 depending...

3. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

Ok thanks. It has ms25. Oh yeah I'm thinking about flashing it and have some questions. Does it kill your laser? Do you gotta keep on flashing it or you can just use that xtreme 52 and not flash it ever again. Cause I don't play on live. Also I have sata slot on my comp. How do I find out if its compatible cuz i lost all of my manuals. Also I don't know my whats my mobo. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2007
  4. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

ok it doesnt kill your laser, you may need to update again when new games come out that have to be patched and ran a different way, and you need to check in "msinfo32.exe" to see what your sata chipset is, and see if its compatible with the flash

5. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

Please help me in finding my SATA slots! My motherboard is Intel 915G Motherboard

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2007
  6. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

you have the Intel ICH6 SATA controller, it may work for flashing, but i dont know, you may want to try and get the VIA sata card

7. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

Oh what happens if I try to flash the dvd drive but the Sata port isn't compatible? Does that kill my xbox??

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2007
  8. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

Please tell me.

9. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

no, it just wont flash, when you get ready to prepare you usb or floppy for formating pick the chipset from the drop down box and pick make custom mtkflash and then try it, it might work

10. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

How do I make a custom mtkflash and do I have to hex it?

11. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

Oh never mind. I tried Xtreme Boot Maker and seleted my sata port and it worked. Does that mean I can go on with flashing my drive without needing to buy that via pci thing? Oh yeah. I seen people talking about stelth and non stealth. Whats that all about?

12. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

patches, for games i think, im not sure, i dont have a hitachi, but you should be able to flash if it detected, just do the hitachi flash method

13. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

How can I do the hitachi way? I have a samsung ms28.

14. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

sorry, i dont know what i was talking about, it was really early in the morning when i posted that lol, just use the 10 second method to flash your drive, google "textb00ks MS28 drive flash" and im sure you will get a good tutorial, it can be vague at some points but overall its a good walk through on what to do

15. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

Oh thanks so much. But I still have one question that is still bothering me. Oh my god, do you really have to.... open up your computer and the 360 everytime a new xtreme firmware version is out? And oh yeah. I'm going to flash it by a usb. Does that mean I have to have an empty usb to put the files in?

16. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

From what I heard, you can't flash via USB (i.e. connectivity kits)
    you can BOOT from USB and use mtkflash from USB stick but not flash with a USB to SATA adapter. I don't know but you can try.

17. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

Lol I mean put the files onto the usb instead of a floppy. Oh yeah can you help me on the sata cable? I see so many, some for 5-20 bucks. And they don't even look alike. Some has a straight connector while another has one straight connector and a bent connector on the other end.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2007
  18. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

Please help me.

19. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

so much frustration! this is why i never got an xbox 360! (no, realy, it is)

20. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member