1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am soo DUMB, when it’s a slide card

Discussion in 'PS2' started by p4_tt, Jan 7, 2005.

1. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Right ok i have a v8 ps2 with swap magic version 3.3 and the slide card, at 1st i could not open the tray with the card but after a bit i managed to get the tray to pop out a bit and then just pulled it out from there, anyway when i swap the swap magic DVD disk from my backup of GTA:SA and close the tray from the left as it says on the SM instructions i get a "Not a valid ps2 disc", but as i read on the instructions I found out why, it goes on to say about how to fully close the tray the thing is i can not get this to work, when i press the eject button to put the SM back in the tray closes instead of opening witch indicates i can’t get the slide card to close the tray right, i have tried for more than 1hour with no luck. Is there any to make this Easier.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

The whole point of the slide card, is so that you DON'T press eject, as you may knowm the eject button sends a signal to the CPU, telling it to check the disc to verify that it is a legit PS2 disc. If it notices a copy, it will not read ;)
    Also, go to the Swap Magic website and look at the guide there.

3. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Got it to close right

cheers

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  4. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

No Problem ;)