1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amazon fire wont charge portably

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by tali1, May 22, 2016.

1. tali1

tali1 Regular member

i have a amazon fire smart phone and over the last few months it has stopped charging when using a in car usb 12v and power bars.I have checked the two and other phones charge perfectly.I have changed leads but to no avail.
    The amazon fire smart phone will charge on plugged-in chargers and on laptops/pcs

2. mahlemuts

mahlemuts Member

weird if it worked previously, but I was going to say its the amps required not voltage that matters when charging - found this comparable thread if you wanna read it and see if it can help... http://www.kindle-fireforum.com/for...s-great-home-but-only-intermittently-car.html
    My Fire had a 2400mah battery and I could only use certain chargers / powerpacks as its bigger than the average handsets, as long as it charges at home (using a plug in or usb) then you're sorted...
    Hope you can find some remedy...
    If you can get hold of any quickcharge,turbo or rapid type car adaptors to test it might be as simple as that.
    I use an Anker Astro mini (3250mah) when i'm out and about and it seems too work great

3. tali1

tali1 Regular member

Thankfully , it's under warranty.Amazon don't really have a clue apart from telling me to reset it.Think , will need to put a claim in