1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Gangster in 2 avi files

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ImaNoobTy, Nov 2, 2007.

1. ImaNoobTy

ImaNoobTy Guest

I got a movie(american gangster) and its in 2 avi files, i was wondering.. how could i put them both on 2 cds to make a dvd? Keep the quality.. and how i could make the movie brighter permanently. Ty.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you might have a problem making it brighter but there are two popular programs that will take your 2 AVIs and make it to one DVD:

ConvertXToDVD and NeroVision. Just add your AVIs and let the program do it's job! try out the free version of ConvertXToDVD and see if you like it....... the free version will leave a watermark logo in the movie but you will get the idea on how it works......

3. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

I wouldn't recommend telling he world you got a movie that isn't even on DVD yet? Moderators don't like that too much.

But in answer to your question, you can use ConvertXtoDVD like IHoe suggested. If you're going to do that, use VirtualDub first to join your two avi files. If you just put the two avi files in ConvertX, then you will get two separate titles as opposed to one. If you want to brighten it, there are some options, but I guarantee you won't like them much. You can run the avi through Windows Movie Maker and use its effects to change brightness, contrast,etc. of avi. However, once you output the file, you will see it actually makes video worse. Basically, the quality of your DVD can only be equaly to that of the source (avi).

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Another option to brighten but I have found brightening only reveals more flaws: Load the AVI into VDub and go to Video>Filters>Add and you'll see a long list of filters. Double click Brightness/ Contrast and move the Bightness slider a few notches to the right. Click OK, and OK again then select the 'Play' button in the bottom left hand corner (the one with a little zero on it- 3rd button along)- this will give a preview (in the right hand window) of what your video will look like after it's been processed. If it's too bright or still too dark go back into Filters and adjust and preview again. When you're happy with the result choose your video compression (Video>Compression) and select 'Direct Stream Copy' for your audio and File>Save as AVI to save your video.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@Dizzyduck........ you can avoid the two titles in menu if you go to the settings and take out menu!
    [​IMG]

uncheck INCLUDE MENU, and then check sequential playback..... and you won't have the two titles at all...... they will play one after the other! I like the LOOP PLAYBACK feature. to each their own!

6. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

IHoe, I know it plays one after the other. It just separates them into two separate titles. Title 1 being first half, Title 2 being second half. Also, you'll notice a slight stutter/pause when the switch occurs. So as opposed to having say chapters 1 through 30, you would have chapters 1-15 for title 1, and another chapters 1-15 for title 2. That's all I was saying.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

when I did GoodFellas, which is a flipper disk, I didn't notice any hesitation at all.

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

in this case, it's allowed..

Case examples regarding rule number five (5). No piracy.

Case: Pirated material, such as serial numbers and direct links to pirated, copyrighted material (including direct links to torrent files and ed2k links). PROHIBITED

Case: Technical, in depth discussion about copy protection circumvention (i.e. cracking). PROHIBITED

Case: Discussion about pirated content and piracy, such as converting (downloaded) video and/or audio files to DVD/AudioCD/whatever format. PERMITTED

Case: Discussion about copy protection circumvention in general (extracting encrypted content, such as DVD movies, compact discs, copy protected console and computer software, using existing software). PERMITTED

Case: Links to sites offering possibly pirated content (including torrent files and ed2k links). PERMITTED

9. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I would join the files as suggested with VirtualDub, but use DVD Flick as it is free and leaves no watermark.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/552742

My version of this movie is not dark at all.

EDIT: moved from DVD ripping to AVI to DVD.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007