1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Movies in German language made with DV2one

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by VLJ, Jun 22, 2004.

1. VLJ

VLJ Member

I was wondering if anyone has made any American movies ie Shrek, Terminator 3, Catch Me If You Can, etc etc that are in the German language that would have English as a subtitle? I want to further my German language skills and would like to buy a few movies that were in German but with the ability to show English sub titles. I know DVD2ONE can do that, and it would be preferrable to buying full fledged "originals". Why? Because the original would be region specific for Germany and I would have to change my setting on my compuer DVD player to rip it with DVD Decrypter. Once I copy it to the hard drive it's no problem to make it all "region free" but getting there would consitute using up a region code every time.

Surely there's someone in here that read this and has some German language movies.
    Thanks in advance guys!

2. Saebel

Saebel Member

Servis,

I got so tired of watching only WWII movies for german audio. With the exception of "Das Boot" and "Lola Rennt" (Run lola run) You'll probably have a hard time finding an American movie with German audio.

I solved my problem by buying a Code free DVD player and buying some DVD's from www.amazon.de. You'll have to read to make sure they have english subtitles, but that's a handicapp that won't help your german. You should use german audio with german subtitles. You'll learn vocab quicker because you'll beable to read it as well as here it. "Toy Story" is a good buy because they don't use difficult vocab.

Viel glueck und tschuesch!

Paddy

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

One of my favorites!

4. Saebel

Saebel Member

Opps. Let me correct myself "Lola Rennt" and "Das Boot" are not american films. I meant to say films like "Borne Identity" and so forth. Films with locals such as Austria, Germany, Luxemburg where the films uses bits of german.

"Lola Rennt" is a great movie, although since it takes place in Berlin it's not an awesome movie. Now if it were shot in Bavaria it would be spectacular.

Chio,

Paddy

5. VLJ

VLJ Member

A little update.... My Cyberhome DVD progressive scan player I bought for $35.00 at Best Buy can be easily programed to ALL regions.

Model
    CH-DVD 300
    1. No disc in tray
    2. close tray
    3. Using remote control, key in the following : Menu, 1, 9

4. A menu will appear and change the region code to "0" which is region-free.
    5. Open/Close door.

Done. Works like a charm. A 35.00 DVD player is now able to accept any region DVD. It's kind of silly to put a restricion on a DVD movie, and yet you could get the same movie in VHS with out region restricitons. Now if I can just get Amazon.de figured out!! LOL