1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Pie Trilogy using dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by BigPantz, Mar 26, 2005.

1. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

Im trying to make a multi movie disc of all 3 american pie movies. ive ripped them all to my hard drive individually, main movie only, removed subtitles & directors comment etc and compressed them as far as Shrink will let me (abot 45%ish) but its still too big for a standard blank disc. tried nero 6 in 'make your own DVD video' mode but it tells me it will take over 12 hours to write!(super long play mode) ive heard about DivX / Xvid being able to squash movies with almost no loss of quality, but i dont know much about it... is there any way i can do it just using DVD Shrink?

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Shrink them all again.
    4464MB/3=1488MB aprox per movie or less.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  3. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

ok, done that. squashed all of them down to 1480Mb and put them on my desktop. Now i cant find out how to get them all onto the same disc with shrink. Eg, i drag american pie 1 into the left hand box in shrink from the desktop. All ok. Then, when i try to drag american pie 2 into the box, the 1st one disappears! ive tried using full disc & re author mode. im using shrink version 3.1.7.

4. noggle

noggle Member

its easy, all u do is in re-author dvd browser look for american pie 1 and drag it across, then american pie 2 drag it across, then american pie 3 drag it across, then it shud say title 1 2 3.then backup and backup again until its small enuf but i guarantee u that the quailty will b abolsutelt rerrible when watchin on a dvd player, the picture will get all pixelly and skip sometimes, then freeze, u get alot of pixels, 3 movies on disc, really bad idea

5. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

ok. i get what u mean. ive got a dual layer re-writer, so ill try & get some DL blanks and try that. does shrink support dual layer?

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Yes click on edit/preferences/choose dvd9 in the drop down box.

7. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

ok, thanks all. ill have a go when i get some DL discs.