1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amidoinitrite? (Wii backup)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Gerandson, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Gerandson

Gerandson Member

Okay, I followed the guide in the sticky. Downloaded Nero, RomDumper 2.0, everything. Spent 2.5 hours extracting the image, then burned it at 4x in Nero, another half hour. I put it in my Wii (properly-installed WiiKey), and it shows up in the disc section as RE4. I go to run it, though, and it freezes. The Wii requires a hard reboot to get going again.

What did I do wrong?

2. Butt101

Butt101 Regular member

What kind of Dvd are you using?

3. Gerandson

Gerandson Member

Imation DVD-R disc. It works for the boot disc and whatnot. I have Mario Strikers Charged, on a Maxell DVD+R disc, and that works fine (though loads up a bit slow). I can't seem to find my DVD+R spindle, though. . .

4. Gerandson

Gerandson Member

I managed to get it to burn at 8x completely. When the game loads, instead of freezing now, it says "The Game Disc could not be read."

The plot thickens. . .

5. EddyC

EddyC Member

the simple completion of your burns means absolutely nothing in the world of optical media writing.

I hate to tell you but no one can really give you a solid answer on why your burns don't work, given the information provided, although I suggest to most people that have problems to burn at 4x , regardless of how fast the box says they can go, because the laser will have more time to focus on the actual write, rather than just laying the data and hoping it gets there. This results in a high amount of jitter which results in the Disk read errors you are recieving.

Additionally, ALL media and ALL burners for that matter are NOT alike. MOST non-name brand trash media will result in laser strain and coasters, so don't skimp.

Burn slow + use quality media (verbs or Taiyo Yuden if you are made of $$$). I actually picked up a pack of Jap. Verbs from Best Buy for $10 on sale. I'm kicking myself now cause I didn't grab more. I've tested the jitter on these bad boys and they are nearly flawless. Course, I do a far amount of write strategy hacking and such :D.

6. TaiMeru

TaiMeru Member

I seem to be having an identical problem. Ive got several older backups that have worked fine, but recently none of them seem to, they all lock up the console. Ive tried Verb 16x dvd-r, and HP dvd+r's on 2 different drives (burning) at 4x, 8x, and 16x. Same results with all of the above. Rips are the proper size and done w/ rawdump 2.0. I plan to pull my ripping drive later and drop it in another pc, also I plan to test the ram of this pc and a data transfer to the hard drive I was using. Theres gotta be something somewhere....

7. Gerandson

Gerandson Member

Went and bought some Maxell DVD-R discs, and am 3/3 on burns. Seems I just had crappy discs to begin with!

8. TaiMeru

TaiMeru Member

Well, i tried a few dumps w/ friidump and they worked fine, so I have no clue why rawdump was killing me. Didnt do anything else differently. Fun.