1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amplifier?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by tfrost200, Mar 1, 2014.

1. tfrost200

tfrost200 Member

I am looking for equipment which will work with my television to control the volume of programming? My hearing is not as good as it once was and seems to be affected by the volume differences in movies and tv programming. Is there some electronic equipment which can be connected to my tv to control the volume levels of the various programs and movies? If there is will you please recommend products?
    Thank you for your help.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

if you mean have all the sound play at same volume don't think it can be done,everything has high and low sounds in it.
    Adjusting bass and treble settings may alter it slightly,don't know if you can do that on your tv.
    I use an old sterio connected to my computer that has adjustments for 50hz,250hz,1khz 3.5khz & 10khz can adjust the volume levels on it using them but there's still variations in volume.

3. cactikid

cactikid Active member

4. aldan

aldan Active member

i have a friend that has the same problem.even a cheap home theatre system can really help here.surround sound tends to make the program a lot easier to hear.i cant make a technical argument for this its just observation.lol