1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Idea for those more puter literarte than I!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by helix20, Nov 5, 2002.

1. helix20

helix20 Member

I was just wondering with all of us out there trying to learn to rip and burn DVD's why hasn't someone started an archive of just the VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP for us less fortunates that didn't read the guides but we ripped a number of movies without them. I know I am not smart enough to get this off the ground even if I used helium and a ballon. If someone had already done this then please fill me in on where. The only reason this came to mind was since do many rippers are set in default mode only rip the main movie VOB's and the coinsiding ifo and bup files.
    Well there you go! Let me know what you all think--this idea could really be handy!!
    Later
    Dave

2. poodull

poodull Member

wait a minute. is your idea this: create a downloadable list of video_ts.ifo and bup's for movies that are dvd9 and can fit on one dvdr? THATS A GREAT IDEA!

i know nothing about whats actually going on in the process of making the video_ts.ifo and bup files, but i think i get the idea....

1. Rip the main movie vobs
    2. download the modified menu files
    3. burn

am i getting you or not? is this even possible?