1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

an interesting problem

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by AlphaXero, Jul 5, 2007.

1. AlphaXero

AlphaXero Member

Ok i have 2 games 1. Ratchet and Clank.cso the other Darkstalkers.Iso, also i am running 3.4 oe-a. The ratchet i downloaded, the darkstalkers i ripped myself like all my other games. Whenever i try to load either of them it loads into a black screen and does nothing. The memory stick light even stops flashing. I tried using devhook with the cso and that gave the same problem. All my other games load without any problems. My options in the recovery menu are all on point to where they should be, but these 2 specific games wont work. I also tried to unpack the cso into an iso to run it, that still gave the same problem. Any Suggestions?

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

How many times do we have to tell you n00bs this: YOU DON'T NEED DEVHOOK FOR OE! Probably a bad a rip or download.

3. AlphaXero

AlphaXero Member

Yeah, i know that its called a problem, i am doing everything i can to try and fix it, i am aware i dont need devhook. didnt mean i didnt try it. there are 3 games i have where i have this same problem one i ripped myself. i kinda find it hard they are all bad rips. does anyone have any USEFUL information for me?

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

For Ratchet and clank, you need to turn up your cpu speed to 333mhz.

I don't know about the other games, a general rule should be this:
    cso's are less compatible than iso's. Rip them to iso then run directly.

Double check your recovery menu:
    No-UMD disabled, GAME umd inserted.

Advanced, advanced settings, all 3 options disabled.

5. AlphaXero

AlphaXero Member

thank you very much i got them all working =) i appriciate it i didnt know i had to reset the speed.

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Actually, you are over-clocking the cpu. It will drain your battery really fast. Make sure you turn it back down, when not playing the game.