1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An odd question

Discussion in 'Audio' started by sean5775, Dec 29, 2004.

1. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

Well I don't know if this is somewhere on the site or not, sorry if it is. I think its an odd request, but I need a way to record audio using my computer from a radio station that im listening to over the internet. I then need to record the audio to a cd-r which should be the easy part. So I just need a program or something that can do that for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated, Also this is not important enough to me that I need to spend any money on this program.

2. killalot

killalot Active member

The only way i can think the way to do it is buy a tv card with radio build into the card record it that way my tv card has radio on it.

3. rbeard

rbeard Member

I use Soundedit 16 as the capture program. The best way to capture is to come out of the deck with a stereo RCA to Mini plug. Plug-in the Mini to the mic input on the back of your computer, bring up the audio monitor and watch your audio meters, when you see that you have a signal then just hit record. Soundedit 16 will give you an AIFF file when you are done, then just drag and drop that file to your favorite burning software.
    Hope it works for ya!,
    ~Ryan

4. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

Ok the only reason that will not or rahter may not work for me is that I have to listen to the radio that I need to record over the internet, like I think its what people call streaming audio or something like that.

5. rbeard

rbeard Member

Ahhh.. Ok, that’s even easier. All you need to do is find the program that is user friendly to you and hit record. Here’s one if you want to try: http://www.tucows.com/preview/291569.html

If you don’t like this one just type "Record" in the search field of Tucows and you will have many programs just like this one. Hope it helps.

6. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

What you want is a freeware program called Streambox VCR Suite 2. You can record live streaming audio (which I have a feeling will be in Real Media format). It also has a converter to chnage from RM to MP3 or WAV.

7. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

yes it is in real audio format and thank you that program sounds like the one I need for recording this audio. Thank you

8. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2005
  9. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

Well I might not be explaining this right, neither suggested program seems to be able to do it.

What I have is actually in Windows media format. It is streaming audio, yet not really live, its stored on a website in an 'audio vault' as they call it. It is a talk radio program in which I really need portions of it stored on a cd for later playback. This is really important to me, but I have really run out of resources. simply recording it onto a cassette which would be easy is not an option for me.

Since I don't really know alot about the subject its maybe hard to explain what I am after, hope this helps out. If anyone willing to help has questions and I mean any questions feel free to ask and I really really appreciate any efforts

10. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

Forgot to add that streambox vcr suite 2 doesnt even seem to work from either of the 3 sources I found to download from.

11. rbeard

rbeard Member

Well I just tried to record a streaming file with Blaze Audio Power Record 1 and it worked fine. Just install the app (it is free for the first 30 days) then launch it. Play the audio file that you want to record, then hit Record. You will get a pop up window asking what source you would like to record from, keep clicking until you see “What I Hear” . It should work No Problem at all. After you have finished recording then play the file with Media player and hit copy to CD. This should work just find.