1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anaconda04 from Utopia Boots Dvd-R on unmodded Gamecube

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by L-Burna, Feb 21, 2005.

1. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

GCoS rocks even harder!
    It even plays Prince of Persia; Sands of Time (NTSC) on a PAL Cube!

I would like to give huge hats off to team utopia and all the other dudes that made this possible.

And thanx L-Burna for sharing this news.

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah true I did DonGio,but they where not the 8cm mini dvd-r's which could have been made somewhere else.The discs I was using where full size dvd-r discs 4.7gig,which are different.They have been manufactured longer than the mini 8cm discs,so your chances on the Dvd-R 4.7gig discs will give you better chances than the 8cm discs small size discs.It really depends like I mentioned on the media.The Traxdata and Ritek issue I have no clue about,so I recommended Ritek G04 since I use them frequently not just for GameCube,but for all my systems.

3. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

I tested GCoS without lid trick, and i got same results as with lid trick, so it's same either what to use.
    It still did'nt worked for me, but it's because i have TDK media. but will Ritek G05 work good too?

4. indienemo

indienemo Guest

To L-burna: Help! Ive lowered my laser to 195 ohms and it still wont read games! I burned res evil 4 onto a maxell full size dvd-r... at 4x.... whats happened?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2005
  5. -Geforce-

-Geforce- Member

Well, ive probably got trouble because i justed ordered a 10-pack of ritek 8cm disks from meritline or something, but didnt check the shipping costs until after i placed the order. Then i got an email saying the shipping an tax and everything was almost 65 dollars!! I chose Wire transfer for payment method, but im probably not able to pay because i dont have enough info on their bank. By the way, im not going to pay 65 dollars shipping for a 10 dollar spindle..!!

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey wats up Quezacotl you are probably right,media is a issue no doubt with certain GameCube systems.The best is Ritek G04 at the moment.I am not sure if Ritek G05 will work,since I never used Ritek G05 discs.If you do get them I can't really say they would work or not.Indienemo hey man try burning alot slower like at 2X,if it doesn't pick up the discs it might be your Ohm settings.I didn't do the pot tweak method so I can't really help you out with tweaking your laser,but speedi could help you out.The lasers are alot different,so you will want to find your laser's Ohm setting before attempting anything else.The Ohm settings are different I think for every GameCube.In fact I have heard of alot of people that have their GameCube set between 165-170 Ohm and this is the manufactory setting with no laser tweak.You might have to lower your Ohm even lower indienemo,but to be honest I have no clue what would be a good setting for you man(what was your Ohm setting before adjusting).If you talk to speedi,you will definately get more help on this issue.Geforce I really don't know what to say,you could always cancel your order though.Apologies on my part if any of this information is not helpfull.

Peace L-Burna

7. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Apparantly it matters which boot disc you use to to....is this true? Im using a PAL version of the game 'Gladius'.... my friend says the original you use to boot up has to be 'a larger game' to boot up the copy. True?

8. -Geforce-

-Geforce- Member

No idea. Maybe its because some info it needs is different depending on the size of the game ..?

9. soccerboi

soccerboi Guest

I dont think so. It just needs the booting code from any disc. I'm not 100% sure though.

10. Ize

Ize Regular member

WOW!!

Anyone in canada, Staples has some Verbatim DVD-R mini thats work fantastic!!

11. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Off topic!

12. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Off topic!

13. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

I got it to work. Works perfectly [got Ritek G04]. My only concern is when to use GCMWipe? When I backup + played Soul Calibur 2 on Ritek G04, it work perfectly [and it's 1.35 gigs]. For other games, most are 1.35 gigs; do I still need to use GCMWipe? If I do, I do not know how to use that program.

=>CAR8624

14. -Geforce-

-Geforce- Member

It should say in the .nfo file if its wiped. If it doesnt, and the size is ok, just leave them alone first ;) Then if they dont work go worry about fstfix and stuff...

15. indienemo

indienemo Guest

The 1.35 gig images are all 1.4gb anyway.....try right clicking them and look at "size on disc", see.....

16. Flb

Flb Member

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  17. -Geforce-

-Geforce- Member

The DVDs are good... You sure its EXACTLY those? The box says Pocket DVD-R and not Mini DVD-R?

18. indienemo

indienemo Guest

yep, I used those ones as well, I bought a 5 tub off shangrula although they didnt work for me..

19. Ize

Ize Regular member

Pocket and Mini are the same animal

20. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

Could someone please tell me how to use GCM Wipe because one of my games [Ikaruga] has audio problems [and it's 1.35 gigs]?