1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

analog movie to dvd

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by bnb95, Mar 18, 2004.

1. bnb95

bnb95 Member

i want to start copying my home movies from my camera to copy onto dvd. I have just purchased dvd burner. I need to know what else is needed hardware / software to complete the task.

2. bionicle

bionicle Member

the easy way is to buy a dvd stand alone recorder then transfer them to rw then in ur burner on pc. or buy a tv card for ur pc it has in and out sockets on the back of it attach ur camcorder to it and capture the pic onto ur pc then burn it to dvd...

3. ogryzek

ogryzek Member

If you have digital camera...
    All you really need is Firewire card (preferably based on Texas Instruments chipset). In software department, if you will not do too much editing get Pinnacle Studio. If you plan to do a bit more editing get Sony Screenblaster Movie Studio or Magix Movie Edit Pro.

If you have analog camera...
    Look at ConverteX on Plextor's site. It's a newly released neat analog to digital external encoder, capable of conversion into MPEG-1/2/4/DiviX. Comes with software.

4. ogryzek

ogryzek Member

Just looked at your heading - you do have analog camera...

So anyway, take a look at the Plextor ConvertX at http://www.plextor.com/english/products/ConvertX2.htm

Going with stand-alone DVD recorder might be the easiest way to go (it is basically like copying from one VCR to another) but it has major drawbacks - it is usually more expensive (unless you do not have a PC) and extremely limited in editing department (so whatever was originally on your camera tape will end up on the DVD, even the boring stuff...)