1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analog Problems...

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by BlastOnE, Mar 21, 2007.

1. BlastOnE

BlastOnE Regular member

acouple of weeks ago i had to replace my Screen and then i had a problem with the buttons not responding.i just fixed that but now the analog is like crappy.ok so i went to go play street fighter Alpha max on my psp and i just went into training to see if all the buttons work.and they did but then when i tried to use the Analog,it like was actin werid.like sometimes when i moved,it would make me jump constantly..umm the UP Right direction and the UP lEft directions wont work or anything?!?!?! does anyone have a solution to this?!?!? i want to get my psp working at 100% again.i miss it :( and i play alot of street fighter with the analog so please help.i mean could it be the little analog part?!?! or somethin to do with the whole motherboard?

2. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

did you open it again to find out what the problem is? It might be a loose connection or screw.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  3. BlastOnE

BlastOnE Regular member

i did..kinda messed around with it but still no luck. :(

4. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

The PSP analog is a tiny contraption of little springs and sliders. I would suspect its either a broken part or some dust or grime got in there and something is sticking. When my analog stick started sticking I took the analog piece out of the psp and blew some air duster in there to see if it would help anything. It seemed to have worked but I'm not really sure if thats what did it. Also check the connections, be sure nothing is between them.

Worst comes to worst you could buy a replacement on ebay, they're about 10 bucks.