1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

analog stick problem need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Uchiha007, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Uchiha007

Uchiha007 Member

Hello I need serious help with my psp and i've been looking everywhere and still no positive results so I'll try here.
    Ok the problem is with the analog stick that is stuck in one position even tho I move it someplace else.I recently made a motherboard replacement so i thought the motherboard,but that wasn't it.I notice that in my cuzin's psp there's a piece of rubber connecting the anlog stick to the motherboard,however my psp doesn't has it.
    Now my question is:Is there a place I can buy it from? or can i make one myself that can work?

2. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

If you're good at disassembling the PSP, then you could buy a PSP from a store or optionally the internet... You can take it apart, take that rubber ring out then place it into your PSP. Bring it back to the shop(with the receipt) then say it wouldn't upgrade... They'd ask you if you want another PSP, say no then get your money back... It's a bad scam, but if you're willing to do it, then do it...
    Also, it's better if you get a PSP from a shop than the internet because it's safer... Hope this cruel idea will help =)

3. Uchiha007

Uchiha007 Member

but wouldn't I void the warranty if I open it? I dont think i can take it back

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

they wouldnt know...anyways just go on ebay n buy one they're like $5 for a new analog stick.

5. Uchiha007

Uchiha007 Member

true, but the analog stick is not the problem, is the little rubber piece between analog stick and the motherboard for contact.

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Yeah, you would need to track one of those pieces down-They are hard to come by on their own-unless you get a parts lot off of ebay...I know what you are talking about, its a little rectangular clear rubber-like contact pad that makes the connection between the mobo and the analog stick...You kind of need that for the analog to function-You could go the Macgyver route and fashion one out of a piece of rubber or something non-conductive, and wrap some little metal wire or tinfoil around it so it makes contact...

Your replacement motherboard did not have that part on it?? How did you manage all this time without the analog stick-did you buy the psp second-hand? Your best bet is eBay, find a junk psp that is somewhat intact...

7. Uchiha007

Uchiha007 Member

lol no I did the replacement a couple of days ago and since the replacement I've had this problem not before.
    Maybe I'll try what you said it might work or else I'll look for that little piece on ebay or some other place, thanx for you help tho

8. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

No problem-I would definitely have a look on eBay-Like I said, that part is tough to come by on its own though.

9. staxx

staxx Regular member

I know its not the problem, i just said to buy a new one cause they usually come packaged as a whole assembly on ebay. Like already stated it's hard to come by on its own... another source you might want to check is coolmods.co.uk or llamma.com

10. Uchiha007

Uchiha007 Member

oh lol I thought you meant a joystick replacement. Anyways I checked out those sites and found the rubber piece on llama.com but I don't want to get scammed so if you bought anything from there could you let me know if it worked smoothly?
    Thanks btw

11. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Wow!! Ten bucks for that little piece?? Thats highway robbery!!! It looks like all of their stuff is pretty spendy...$79 for a OEM faceplate...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  12. willowlee

willowlee Member

sorry to hijack the thread, but is there a guide somewhere to replacing the analog stick. my isn't working that well now. is it hard to do so? any soldering that i have to do? imma plan to buy a joystick on ebay and put it on, but don't know if it's worth the trouble. thanks.

13. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

No, its not that difficult-There are 5 screws altogether to remove the faceplate-You will need a #00 philips head screwdriver-like one from a jewelers kit, or a precision type screwdriver.
    Two on the back on the end where the memory stick goes.
    Two in the battery compartment-under the battery (the black ones-not the silver ones)-one of which is under the warranty sticker on the left side]
    And one silver screw thats located on the bottom edge (under the home, select, volume buttons, etc...)

Once you get those screws removed, just lift the front plate up carefully and you can access the analog stick which is held in by two screws..

Just be sure you are careful in putting the faceplate back on so you dont misalign the buttons-and most importantly you want to keep your LCD and the underside of the faceplate free of dust, otherwise it will look like you have dead pixels all over your screen.

I would recommend getting a can of compressed air and a lint-free lens cloth to keep your screen dust-free.

14. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

The analog module is just screwed on too tight. Loosen both screws a tiny bit.

15. Uchiha007

Uchiha007 Member

Thank you so much for the website I bought it from llama.com and received it already and it's wonderfully working thank you so much :)