1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analog stick question

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by algtz1, Jun 1, 2007.

1. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

I have a new PSP and have been playing Tomb Raider - Lengends for a few days now. I must admit that I am not too keen on this analog stick for the PSP. It is so difficult to move Lara around. I don't remember it being that difficult on my brother's PS2 version of this game. Is this difficulty in movement isolated to just this one game or is it the same way on all of these types of games? Also is there a modd that can replace this analog stick to something that may protrude out a little bit more to give the feel of a PS2 analog stick controller?

2. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

Yes take the nub off and replace with a PS2 analog nub. I cut and epoxied mine to be very low profile. Take the nub off the psp just pry upward on it. The first time is the hardest be careful. then remove the stick from a PS2 controller. The insert on the PSP is the same as the hole in the PS2 stick. I just cut and epoxied mine to make it just the nub.

You could also look for the nub kit sold online. Depends if you want to spend a couple of bucks or don't mind a project.

3. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

I'm not that daring. You said something about a kit that could be bought. Do you know what its called.

4. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

5. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

I just put my order in. Those damn Canadians charged me $10.oo for shipping and $3.00 for Shipping out of the Country fee. All for a $7.00 accessory. Oh well, a small price to pay to be able to play Tomb Raider on my PSP.

6. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

Glad it helped.

7. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

those damn canadians? im canadian. thats hurtful

8. Pud1000

Pud1000 Regular member

YA Man Canadains dont be mean to others like that...exept that idiot that game a whole plane full of ppl TB lol what a Noob