1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analog to CD conversion?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by LEGI0N, Feb 8, 2005.

1. LEGI0N

LEGI0N Member

Hi everyone,
    First let me apologize if this is posted in the wrong section. I tried to search for my answer to this question, but cant seem to get the answers i need. I have an extensive analog ( tape ) collection of Grateful dead concerts that I would like to start transfering over to CD. Some of the tapes are starting to become VERY old and I want to preserve them and put them into a playable format for my home stero and car CD players. I have a Sony DRX-710UL Dual layer DVD+ - R&RW/CD-r burner, Nero express 2. Is there a way to make a good conversion using this Nero version, or can someone point me in the right direction as to what prog to use for this. The tapes are about 50/50 SBD & Aud, and I would like to try and keep the integrity of the quality intact. I tried many years ago with much different equipment to do this, but the converted CD's had an awful sound to them, I was told back then that it had to do with compression rates etc... and eventually gave up. Any help would be appreciated.

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

3. LEGI0N

LEGI0N Member

Thanks friend!

I am still very new to AD, and missed this guide when I was looking earlier.