1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analog VS. Digital LCD Monitors

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ima49311, Dec 6, 2007.

1. ima49311

ima49311 Regular member

Is there a BIG difference between an Analog Monitor and a Digital Monitor besides the plug for it? I realize that the digital picture is going to be better than the analog, but is it THAT much better? If i move from a digital monitor (which ive been using for the past couple years now) and to a bigger analog monitor will i notice a difference? a BIG enough difference to not enjoy the new bigger size of the new one? thanks in advance!

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The picture quality difference will vary depending on how good the monitor is. I always recommend going digital if you can, the picture quality advantage is usually noticeable.

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

If you have been using digital monitor, for the past 2 years, and go back to analog, you will be sorry.

If you are looking to get a bigger monitor, get a bigger digital monitor, and use the one you have now, on a backup computer.

4. Awalk25

Awalk25 Guest

or get another like the one you have and go dual monitors

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Or just buy a big monitor and sell your old one to recoup the cost... :)
    I tried a dual monitor setup for a while, didn't really get on with it. At times it could prove very useful, but most of the time I didn't have reason for the second monitor to be on, and it wreaks all sorts of havoc with a large number of PC games.

6. ima49311

ima49311 Regular member

ok thanks... i AM going dual, so im keeping my old one too. but im trying to buy a 22" or bigger and keep my old 19" as a secondary screen. mostly for video and image editing.. not for games tho. thanks again for the help

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No problem. Go with something like a Samsung 226BW.

8. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Outstanding choice for a 22" monitor.

9. REAM

REAM Guest

was gonna suggest the 226Bw esp the pebble version. (maybe not for dual setup, but the pebble for a signle setup)