1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analogue to DVD

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Sloppy100, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Sloppy100

Sloppy100 Member

Yeeeeehaaaaaa i made it. Thanks to you guys i manged to sort most of it out. I went out and got a KWORLD DVD MAKER USB2.0. Is not a card its just a link realy from the camcorder to the pc usb and a little software thrown in. Didnt opt for the card as that was for TV and dont need that. I got the capture working and the quality of the footage is not bad at all. Theres just one little thing that spoils it, its the sames as 1/2 way up this post, theres a green line down the right hand side http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/Sloppy1000/Snapshot.jpg thats just a snap shot, its like it just needs a nudge to the right and down abit. It shows up ok when played via my TV and in the camcorder window so why not on my capture window. I wonder if i just try recording it anyway and play on my DVD and see how that works eh! Any body had this problem?

cheers again guys!!!!

2. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

hello all
    i have been playing with the hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500 MCE kit for tv recording
    my next venture is vhs tapes to pc to dvd. hopefully in a few days i will have more for you..
    i thought this would be the easy route. but we will see.

3. Sloppy100

Sloppy100 Member

Yes born2ride, your feedback would be most welcome. I have tried and mostly failed as i got the KWORLD DVD MAKER USB 2.0. If i use my RADEON ATI graphics or KWORLD USB to connect to the camcorder the quality is poor. Please let us know how you go on m8!!! :)

4. Bald3agle

Bald3agle Member

Like I said in my earlier posts, I dont know anyone who has managed to get a quality production from VHS tape to DVD via a PC. My productions using the Panasonic DMR EZ45v are great. I copy the whole VHS tape to a DVD disc on the DMR by the push of a button. The disc can be played immediately in any other DVD and the qulaity is better than the VHS original. If I want to create a production then I pop the DVD disc into the PC and edit away with Nero 7. The results are excellent!

Anyone who has made a top quality VHS tape to DVD production...please tell me how you did it and with what software/hardware?

5. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

Bald3agle
    some of the post i read before purchasing the card lead me to believe it was a piece of cake! i thought of doing it your way but it looked like double work...
    my hurdle now is try to get the input from vhs into nero or mce to capture. but i only get live tv. cant find how to switch to other source..

6. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

7. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

moonrocks
    thanks for the link. after 30min hold on their tech support i was told the pvr500 does not do vcr input unless you use the 150 drivers. a 500 card is two 150 together. i also was told nero and mce will not support this type of input. but to use their wintv2000 app. which will allow me to use vcr and capture into mpeg2 format..
    so tonight will be some testing for me

8. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

update to all
    i finally got my vcr hooked up to record old tapes. input is save as mpeg2. using wintv2000 for haug. so i used Nero V4 to change format. then saved to hard disc. use recode to edit. then burnt. worked well for me so far..
    picture is as clear as the tape.