1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analysis, Encoding - Good, Write - Bad

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by crozzman, Dec 8, 2004.

1. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

New to the forum, been reading for awhile and I ran into a problem and knew you could help me out. When using latest Shrink with my Memorex 16X Dual Layer burner, it works fine up to the write. It gets to 3%-8% and just lags. Sat at 3% overnite. Doesn't go any further. I'm using Verbatim 8X-R discs. I burnt about 10 DVD's and never had a problem, now all the sudden, it's not working. Tried it on "Raising Helen", "The Clearing" and "Bourne Identity". I tried using Decrypter first then Shrink, but it's still down. Using it with Nero. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

DMA is enabled. I tried to shrink with "still images" for the menus and "extras". It's burning better but sometimes I'm still having problems. I got "DodgeBall" to 91% and then it bombed. I don't get an error message, just keeps running and running with no end.

4. Nephilim

Are you running the latest firmware for your drive?

Does this happen only with the Verbatims or with all media that you try?

5. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

I did the latest firmware upgrade on the Memorex and deleted my Roxio. What I didn't do was the "Nero clean" which I just downloaded today, but I have to wait until I get home from work. I was using Memorex media and didn't have a single problem. Now with the Verbatim's, it's hit and miss. Probably the media, huh?

6. Nephilim

Media is always a prime suspect when problems crop up but the top of the line Verbatim DataLifePlus made by MCC is about as good as it gets. Could you run one of your Verbatims through DVD Identifier so we can verify the manufacturer ID? Verbatim uses different manufacturers depending on which grade discs they are.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm

7. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

Thanks Nephilim. I'll do this and see if it's the MCC you stated. I'll let you know. Thanks again.

8. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

The Discs are MCC. I tried a different method last night by using Decrypter, Shrink and then burning with Decrypter and it couldn't have worked better. No problems at all. Not sure what the deal is with burning with nero after using Shrink. Can't even put a copied disc in and copy with Nero, gets to 1-2% and dies.

9. Nephilim

Nero can be a persnickety little thing when it comes to DVDs. I don't use it for DVDs myself preferring RecordNowDX or Copy To DVD for that. Copy To DVD has become my absolute favorite and integrates with the new version of Shrink :)