1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analysis Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by KtheC, Dec 6, 2004.

1. KtheC

KtheC Member

I have installed DVD Shrink. I tried working with one
    disc in particular. I had an issue when I had to stop it when it was 57% analysing. Now when I try to start over
    it goes to the same 57% point and will not advance.
    I have tried another DVD and it works fine.
    Please advise, and thanks for reading this.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey Kthec, Do you get an error message?Is this 57% during the initial analyzing after you open up disc or the deep analysis?Could your error message possibly be cyclitic redundancy error?What program are you burning with?Try it again and let it stay on that spot for a while. You should get and error message. You can try to clean the disc and try again. These answers will help to resolve this issue. Good luck

3. KtheC

KtheC Member

Yeah it's exactly what you said, a cyclitic redundancy
    error.
    Can I say what programs I am using here? I got reprimanded for stating that in the other forum.

4. montrolla

montrolla Member

i had the same problem as KtheC. is it there a way to start the analysis at 0% the next time you put a dvd after this being stopped duringa previous analysis?

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

The cyclitic redundancy error. Usually means poor,scratched,dirty, or just plain bum disc.I ran into this a couple of times. Usually cleaning the disc does not do much to it. Does it look all scratched up?Cleaning it didn't help? I had a couple discs that were brand new. I tried in my burner and my dad's burner, same thing except it stopped in a different spot on his.It was just a bum disc.I found another copy of the same movie,looked 100 times worse, and it burned ok. There are 2 things you can try. I tried it but it wouldn't work. Download dvd decrypter, in the settings,hit the tab for ignore errors? or something like that. Rip it with decrypter,shrink to size, and burn.The second is take that disc back for a replacement if possible,lol.I haven't had much luck with dvd decrypter.Nero and shrink does it all for me,except for 2 bum discs. Check out the dvd decrypter guide and print it out. This might help you.Unless somebody else tells us. Good luck

6. KtheC

KtheC Member

I cleaned it a bit and cleaned out the registry for anything that might be hiding, in order to hopefully get rid of any temp files that were storing the previous info. This apparently worked. Glad to have to computers, the other one is now encoding the disc. I have removed a few selections in order to get the disc to fit. Hopefully I will have some success.
    Thanks everyone for you help. This sure is a learning experience and the curve is very high.

7. montrolla

montrolla Member

registry? mmm, good idea.

8. KtheC

KtheC Member

I found that when I put in the second original disc that the encoding picked up exactly where it got stalled.
    But it would not burn, simply because I have deleted most of the information needed.
    After it failed I started over and it got all the way through. It is now burning.
    With every posting or read of a post I learn something.
    Hopefully everyone else does as well.
    Thanks again

9. montrolla

montrolla Member

i havent found the way to start the analysis from 0. it always picks up from where i stopped before.

10. KtheC

KtheC Member

Once you put the good disc in, it will finish that analysis that was started. Discard that one. Then you can start over new. THat is how it worked for me.