1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

analyzing time

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by smyle1977, Feb 10, 2005.

1. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

After opening disk, it takes about 2-3 minutes, sometimes more, to do the initial analize, longer than when I first started using this. I have the latest firmware for myi plextors, and the settings for the drives are DMA. I also can't get decrypter to ISO read the disks at a higher speed, it seems stuck on only 1.4 - 2.5x. Any ideas?

2. AgentTran

AgentTran Guest

Try uninstalling your drivers for your DVD-ROM. Worked for me.

3. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

Yea, I did that, and it did help, but my initial analyize time is still long in the beginning, or I"m just being picky!

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

For the last few movies I've done, it also is taking a little longer. Nothing has changed on my machine and everything is set properly. Nothing to worry about.

5. wild77

wild77 Guest

smyle1977 If you have PlexTools installed on your machine you can enable [bold]Speed Read[/bold] on your Plextor burner.This will cut your rip times down to 10-15 miutes.Also in PlexTools you will need to disable the silent mode.You will find both of these features under Drive Settings.

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Check for malware on you system and remove it. My friend had the same problem with initial analyzation, deep analyztion and encoding. Once he removed all the spyware from his system, he said it never ran better.

It also wouldn't hurt to shut off any background programs that aren't needed, especially screen savers.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

One more thing to try. See attached pic of settings in DVD Decrypter selecting Max as the highest speed.

[​IMG]

8. AgentTran

AgentTran Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2005