1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

andriod tvbox

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by paulie57, Jan 22, 2015.

1. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Ya Piopat had it up and running from from some guy who had it on YouTube with New url , had to follow his ttutorial as in dumping old version with goodbye message first, got it going again then found out that it won't be updated , so can only get up what was there before it shut down is that right or do you know it's being updated ?
    Paulie57
    Ps as you say you can post some ttutorials would be great , i'm light years away from that level ......

2. piopat

piopat Active member

its definately working , but the original guy is not doing the work , and it doesnt have everything back and updated , but it does work and im sure will be back somewhere near what it was some time soon . ive started a tutorial , its about 5 or 6 posts long already i think lol , i just hope its ok with the admin as not strictly satellite tv , but it is in another way .

newer enigma 2 boxes can now run xbmc so more boxes (certainly e2 boxes ) will be equipped to view channels this way in time , aswell as e2/ android combos , in fact if im remembering right i believe there already are such combos .

3. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Cheers piopat will try and reload again to check it out thank to the tech guys on afterdawn for keeping the rest of us in the dark up to speed
    Paulie57 ......

4. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Guys I'm having problems with HD movies ran to movies tonight they start up ok and run perfectly for around 20 mins then picture freezes but the sound carriers on if I try to go forward or back it won't respond so I have exit it out I tried the same film with two different stream providers but the film stops in the same place , is anyone having this problem using mx box ,also films in SDK seems to run ok wandering if its a box issue or internet speed any input would be great guys thanks in advance
    Paulie57 ...........

5. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Guys anyone having issues with HD movies tried 2 films tonight both run perfectly as in quality wise but stop after 20 mins or so, when I try to go back or forward it just freezes and have to exit out , tried one with a different stream the same thing happened and I'm wandering is it a
    Mx box issue or maybe internet speed, Itried one in
    SD and it ran fine ,any tech info would be grateful, Thanks in advance guys
    Paulie57 ........

6. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

hi guys came across app for andriod . google and check out seo-micheal.co.uk/tag/xbmc has an ecellent app iptv sport for sly 1 and 2 sports and great hd quality
    cheers
    paulie57 ..................

7. piopat

piopat Active member

hi paulie have you got to the bottom of the problem you mentioned just above with the movies stopping ? . i know that some movies do stop part of the way through , but from what ive seen its not very often at all , in fact its reasonably rare . but on the mx android if a movie should stick you can use the number 7 button (rewind ) and number 9 button (forward ) to move a stuck movie , what i would say is if a movie gets stuck press 7 to rewind (i think it goes back 10 minutes ) and then play it again and you can still view the movie and not miss anything .

8. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Cheers piopat thanks for the info will give it a go ASAP , if I run in to the the problem again , the films seem to be playing better since I up graded to Kodi/helix even in HD ,were I was having the problem originally , l did have one freeze on me on Saturday and had to reboot as the remote would not do anything so with the Tech info you have supplied should solve that issue ,
    Cheers
    Paulie57

9. Jason1610

Jason1610 Newbie

Hi all can anyone help I have a mx pro and when I try to up date my box it says check failed! Check your OTA server argent Thanks

10. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Jason what are you trying to update firmware ?

11. Jason1610

Jason1610 Newbie

Hi Paulie trying to do a system update

12. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

What firmware have you now is it 4.2 , I think the mxpro comes with that and that seems to work ok , if you want to upgrade , can get new firmware from playstore ?

13. Jason1610

Jason1610 Newbie

Version 4.4.2 I thought it needed an update because genesis stopped working I have only had the box since November and still trying to get my head round it I'm a novice lol

14. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Jason firmware is ok , genesis not been updated any more now called exedus
    Follow the link below to install ,also if you go to piopats guide, has excellent tut on boxes , go from page 25 on for new addons and posts cheers lol ...........

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9fendqHWq4

Jason1610 likes this.
  15. Jason1610

Jason1610 Newbie

Will do Thanks for the help

16. piopat

piopat Active member

jason you dont update addons by doing a software / firmware update , all that will do if anything is update the box firmare not the addons installed in the box .

to gte updates for addons its important to have the correct repos installed , then you should receive all updates . my tutorial explains pretty much all you need to know .

genesis addon was taken over by mr know as lambda the guy who made genesis no longer supports it . but lambda gave mr know permission to update genesis . so the genesis addon is now called specto - fork , its got a different name but its the same great addon .

here is the specto fork repo url

http://filmkodi.com/repository

install the repo as normal and then install the specto fork addon from it , and you have genesis back and working .

exodus by lambda is not the same thing .

Jason1610 likes this.
  17. Jason1610

Jason1610 Newbie

Thank you piopat that's very helpful

18. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

19. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Piopat thanks for the input , have finger on the pulse as per usual , top gun lol ........
    Cheers m8 .............

20. piopat

piopat Active member

thanks paulie mate lol