1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android 2.2 for Htc Hero Help :)

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by neo842, Dec 18, 2010.

1. neo842

neo842 Regular member

Hey lads Im having major problems with android 2.1 and Ive had enough and I am going to update it to 2.2 can someone help me out ? with a guide

I am using this guide .....

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Full_Update_Guide_-_HTC_Hero_(GSM)#Flashing_CyanogenMod

I rooted the phone that was easy.

Now the guide it telling me I have to back up the system to be totally honest I don't want to back it up all I want to do is install 2.2

Can I install 2.2 without having to back it up with clockwork recovery or amon ra back up parts in the guide its very complicated the back up parts.

I got one of them install the rom manager part but the program to back it up would not work.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

which app did you use? when i did this (on an incredible) i used titanium backup. and yes, you do need to do it as when you install cyanogen mod, it's missing a lot of apps including the android market and any htc software so that would be stuff you want to back up