1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AngelProblem aka Holy Vampire Batman this is a Done Deal!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kitty66, Jan 17, 2007.

1. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Hello Brains Everywhere!!!!!!

I am having trouble encoding Angel Season One Disk One. It seems that every 5-6 disks DVDShrink wants to kak on me.

Here is the low down:

Ripped running DVDFab Decrypter 3.0.5.5
    Ran FixVTS 1.603
    So Far So Good...
    DVDShrink errors out...file copyright protected...Computer shuts down!
    Brain cells melt.

Ripped running AnyDVD 6.1.0.7 to HD
    DVDShrink errors out...file in use or locked...Computer shuts down!
    Brain cells melt.

HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GSA 4084N [FW KQ09] Firmware up to date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am going sledding now and hope to figure this out in a few hours.

Cheers

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Hi kitty66 , sorry your having problems ok a few ideas

it the DVD in good shape? not scratched or anything?

i assume you still have the file on your HD from the anydvd rip right?

try this.. download and use clonedvd 2 to transcode and burn the DVD should work. if it still errors out try transcoding the DVD with clonedvd 2 with anydvd running in the background . if all this doesn't work my bet is the DVD is bad/scratched . good luck Hun heres a guide is you need it

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  3. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Thanks! Shortly after my return from the outdoors as human snowball alot of things began to crash my computer. Not just ALL my encoders/transcoders (including clone) but other malware cleaners as well. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anyhow...the laptop is now re-formatted and I am about to put all my data back on. FRESH OS!!!!!!!! So fresh and SOOOOOOOOO clean. It should be only a minor pain. I have good bare bones backups. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

kitty66 , make sure you load a good "Virus Scan" program something like "Trend Micro", NOD32 or Kaspersky . AVG or Avast are good also and all these are better than Norton which most don't recommend in here.

also get a few good spyware programs like "Spysweeper" "Ewido" and "Ad/aware" and use CCleaner often you can download alot of them here

http://100-downloads.com/

and good luck let me know how you come out on the DVD

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

aabbccdd
    LOL Leave it to me. I run Norton Internet Security and it's been doing an excellent job for me. It's a bit bulky, but I've got big drives and don't worry about program file size very much. I agree though, definitely need AV ware. Another spot for downloads is http://www.download.com (CNet). I'd suggest Spybot as well and use it occasionally for cleanup. I used to have it and AdAware to supplement the AV, but after my last reformat, I only added the Norton and Spybot.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

PacMan777, i had Norton crash 3 time in 3 months . the last time it crashed it corrupted the keycode and i couldn't use it so i went with "Trend Micro"

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I guess another Norton horror story. I've been using Norton off and on for a long time. I started using the suites 3 or 4 years ago. I've used McAfee and some of the other offerings including commercial software. The Norton has actually done better. I picked up a virus I couldn't shake with the others. I disconnected from the Internet, deleted the AV ware I had, installed Norton and it cleaned up the virus. Even with Norton I had to use the Symantec database and do some of the cleanup manually. But Symantec had the database and software that got the cure effected. That sort of clinched it for me and as far as it ever having anything to do with a crash, that's never happened to me. As long as I have good luck with it, I'll just keep it. It just caught a trojan in a download for me last night. ;)

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I've also run NIS for 3 years without a virus or crash. It is a system hog, but has kept my system healthy. I just know it works for me. JM2C.

9. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Many Many Gracious Thank YOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reformatting, etc. I was still having a problem with disk one. The others in the set went fine. I have a feeling it is a bad disk as aabbccdd mentioned and I will be taking the whole set back when ever I get to town again. Sure is a pain to take things back when you live in the boooooooooooooooooonies.

aabbccdd - I think I am going to invest in DVDClone so my purchase of AnyDVD will be worth it. It seems like anydvd is having some problems on it's own lately (like since mid November for me) Many people seem to enjoy this combo

I am using AVG 7.5 I hope this was not a bad choice. I used to use Norton but I had a similar problem with their key never working again after transferring licence from my old pc to my new one.

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

kitty66, avg is fine as long as you aren't downloading movies/music etc. and visting thoses evil sites lol.

you will def. like clonedvd 2 along with anydvd there made to work together. and it does sound like you have a bad/scrathed dvd there you might try "Intervideo DVD Copy5 as a last resort the program gets though hard to read dvds but may take some time. there a free trial lalso to try it

http://www.intervideo.com/InterVideoDVDCopy/

and guys i think i am going to go with Kaspersky next time around

11. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

Intervideo as last resort! let me just say this. if intervideo is not giving you problems like over compressing or under compressing or menu funtionality problems, i would use it as my first resort. because intervideo will give you the BEST picture quality out of all the transcoders outthere.

12. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Hi Everyone,

AnyDVD, has written me back in regards to AnyDVD still crashing my system. Ripit4me is working and so is DVDFab. They have asked me for screen shots....and I feel like a prize idiot here...I have never had need of one.

Anyone know the keystrokes to get me there? Thanks so much. I sure want them to have the info so they can FIX it! Yippie!

aabbccdd, thanks for the heads up on Intervideo. I will give it a shot.

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

When I use DVDCopy 5 I don't have any of those problems and it works great. I prefer it over CloneDVD 2. But most of the time I use my favorite, RB Pro. For not breaking the bank though, RI4M (with Shrink) can't be beat. LOL

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  14. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

as said, intervideo, when it works for you, is the best transcoder there is. rebuilder is not a transcoder, is a encoder that, of course does produces the best picture quality possible. i don't use rebuilder because of the amount of times it takes to encode a movie. a back up it isn't woth that much time. i much rather use transcoders. intervideo copy 3 and 4 gave me so much troubles that i had to give up, with version 5, i have not had any problems, great picture quality. i also use recode2, shrink, 1clickdvd and cloner2. these transcoders are all ok. notice i don't mention clonedvd2, that's because i have never like the picture quality it produces.

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Encodes with RB vary from about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. That's not a whole lot longer than some transcoders. Faster systems can do the job even faster. It's a given that encodes normally take longer than transcodes. That's the trade off, time for better quality. With a dual core system though, the encoder program can run and I can do whatever else I want with the PC. The days of not multitasking while doing backups went out with good dual cores. In batch mode I set up and do several backups at a time. So time isn't really a problem for me. If I have a buddy run in and wants a quick backup, then I'll run DVDCopy5 form him. I've not had a problem with DVDCopy since the macro pixels InterVideo had in the early version, I think it was 2.

The backups matter to me because that's what I'm watching on the big screen. The original is kept in reserve. That's what backups are all about.

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

kitty66 , maybe we don't need slysoft just yet .what burning software programs do you have preloaded/loaded on your machine? if you have roxio get rid of it and run a clean tool it will conflit with other burning programs.

also you can use the anydvd ripper for hard to read dvds

17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're talking about drive intereference from batch software. That's like the InCD in Nero that can't be used if using Video recording software. Roxio had Drag to Disc. Some of the drivers would interfere and the whole app would have to be removed. When I had it on a system, all I had to do was turn of Drag to Disc and everything worked out okay. Seems I've been luckier than most with software.

AnyDVD is Slysoft as DVDFab Decrypter is DVDIdle. ;) Since it looks like a copyright protection problem more than an interface one, I'd take the easy way out and try running the AnyDVD trial along with Shrink while trying those copies.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

PacMan777 , i meant emailing slysoft with the screenshot they want lol

19. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Adriana is the only screenshot we need. LOL

20. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

lol Panman777 , check my profile ,but i bet you have been there already right