1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anit sure if decrypt is recognizing my maxwell dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bos_kaine, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Bos_kaine

Bos_kaine Member

so i got rip it 4 me -dvd decrypter- and dvd shrink and dvd folder to iso i cant seem to get it right when i rip the dvd to my hard drive and try to burn it with decrypt i get all the way to the burn screen load up the iso image but the hdd-->dvd button don't highlight and on the right where it displays the dvd info there none do i need special dvds or something im using maxwell DVD-R 4.7Gb 16x whats good

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

Make sure RipIt4Me is up-to-date. http://www.ripit4me.org

do i need special dvds

No....although I would suggest using better media than Maxell. Good quality media will make or break a successful backup of a movie. I suggest Taiyo Yuden or Verbatims, both are good quality and come highly recommended. Use this program to find out who manufactured your discs: http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/ Try to stick with MIJ discs when possible.

For an excellent guide to RipIt4Me, with pictures and step-by-step process, go here: http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/software.htm
    by bbmayo

3. Bos_kaine

Bos_kaine Member

yea everything is up to date just downloaded it today but is there any reason why the burn icon isnt highlighting i just don get it and i dont wanna go drop mad doe in this shit until i feel i can actually rip these dvds u know so if any one has any idea i would greatly appricate it thanks

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sounds like your drive isn't recognizing your disks so you probably need a firmware update. What is the make and model of your burner?
    If you put your blank media in and start DVD Decrypter it should read your info in the right hand window.

Put your blank disc in your drive and open up Decrypter does it read? It should look something like this
    [​IMG]

If not go do as this picture shows to update your firmware.
    [​IMG]

5. Bos_kaine

Bos_kaine Member

See thats exactly what i am talkin about. becuase i had step by step instructions, kinda similar to the ones u were showin, and it showed that info in the window to the right. but when i get to that point i get nothing absolutley shit ,so im real confused, you think i need to reinstall the driver, but u know the drive is reading the movies so i can rip them, so thats what makes me think the drives still good ,i got a hp comp with stock dvd burner.its actually my motheres comp and im on my at the time, so i cant tell u the model of the comp but i can get back to u if u need them details

6. Bos_kaine

Bos_kaine Member

What firm ware should i work for

7. Bos_kaine

Bos_kaine Member

soi put a blank dvd in then i go to drive and i click load it say (device not ready logical unit is process of becoming ready) then after nothing happens it says (device not ready medium not present)

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You more than likely need a firmware update thats why your drive isn't recognizing your blank DVD media.

What is your DVD optical drives Make and model number?

Also DVD Decrypter will be able to find your drives firmware if you just follow what I showed you to do in the second picture.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  9. Bos_kaine

Bos_kaine Member

so i went to hp.com found my6 drive made a boot cd with the firmware on it updated it and still it wont bleep] recognize it what the bleep! but if i stick a blank cd-r in, decrypt brings up the info so i know its not the physical drive i dont know what else i shoud try thanks for ur answers any more would be great;ly appreciated

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Again I will ask
    I need this to be able to do a little research on that drive for you.

You could just try a different brand of media or a +R disc, but again your drive information can help me find out more info for you.

Also you might want to edit out those curse words before a Mod sees them or they are reported.

11. Bos_kaine

Bos_kaine Member

so i got it finally the problem was i needed +R the whole time so Everyoine Thanks for all Ur anwswer really appreciate them and the reason i couldnt give u any info on the make and model of the drive was that the dvd burning comp was at my mothers house and most of the time when i was using afterdawn im on my comp at my house but anpther quickie how do i open bin.files any anwsers would be great

12. Bos_kaine

Bos_kaine Member

-Thanks mayo-

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No problem :)

*.bin
    *.cue
    *.iso

These file extensions are commonly used to show that a file is an image of a CD or DVD.

The simplest way to access these files is to use your CD or DVD Burner to burn them to a disk. Nero is a common program that is used to burn bin/cue files to hard media.

One really nice thing to do is to treat these files as a virtual CD or DVD without ever burning them. Daemon Tools is one program that is often used to do this. Microsoft now has a free program that does this as well.
    The other place that *.bin files are frequently used are in emulation software. Gaming roms are often stored in compressed files full of bin files. If you have a zip file full of *.bin files, try Mame or some similar emulator.

14. Bos_kaine

Bos_kaine Member

so i just dont get these bin file there makin me crazy i tried getting a virtual drive i tried converting them to iso i dont know how i can burn them to a cd cuz there too big for it any specifc answers would be great thanks

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Bos_kaine,

You need to change your sig immediately and I suggest you clean up your language as well.

16. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

@ Bos_kaine,

It very easy just DL the program from bbmayo's link that is Daemon tool,
    then install it.
    after that here is a pic what to do
    [​IMG]
    After u select Mount Image i dialog box comes up so u can search and select where the BIN file is, when u find it just select it and its ready to go.