1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

annoying dvd-anything problem

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by michael30, Mar 22, 2005.

1. michael30

michael30 Member

hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this :)

I'm obviously new at ripping/converting dvd's to my hard drive. here's the issue:

I've been trying to rip my incubus alive at the red rocks dvd. the way the dvd is organized is that each song has it's own chapter. what I've been trying to do is to rip and convert the dvd, in avi or mpeg, and either by chapter or just the entire dvd itself. by chapter obviously would be perfect because I wouldn't have to seperate the songs afterwards. but, either way I fail because of the protection. I've used dvd decrypter and several other programs to rip it, and then several other programs to try to convert them. what happens is at about the 20 minute mark (and several other times), it switches scenes in the middle of other chapters, because of the css I'm assuming. is there a way around this? is there also a program that will convert it chapter by chapter, and not get scrambled with the protection included? (I couldn't use flask, or dvd-avi because they both crash. I can play the vob files in order however in powerdvd, going in order from 1-7, the movie plays entirely through with no jumps)

thanks again for your time, any help would be appreciated :)

2. michael30

michael30 Member

bumping :)