1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

annoying ie 9 popup

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by aldan, Apr 2, 2012.

1. aldan

aldan Active member

im running windows 7 home premium and have firefox as my default browser.i have ie 9 installed and when i am in firefox i keep getting this popup asking me to upgrade to ie 9.the logo and message strike me as legitimate so i dont think this is malware.nothing shows up in hijack this or any other malware or virus scans.anyone have this problem or have any solution.iam running a popup blocker and this is the only popup i ever see.thanks Al.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  2. ghkamien

ghkamien Member

Internet Explorer 9 Pop-Ups Solved!

Having trouble with internet explorer 9 pop ups constantly interfering with what you do? There's a few easy ways to solve this but hte most effective and common solution we've found is simply to disable Windows Updates. This can be done through the Control Panel and selection of "Turn Windows Updates on & Off." For the time being, it seems like a bug within IE9 that Micrsoft hasn't had a chance to work out yet. Maybe a future update will solve this.

Solution 2: Try resetting IE9 completely to default and wiping out and temporary files there may be. An easy way to do this is to begin by download a program online for free called CCleaner. After you run this temp file cleaner, it is advisable to press the ALT button within internet explorer and select Tools. From here you can select Internet Options and click on the Advanced Tab that appears. There will be two options here that you can select to restore all settings to default. Performing this reset should do the trick.

3. aldan

aldan Active member

used solution 2.now we wait and see.seems pretty convenient that ms hasnt fixed this "bug" yet.by the way,used ccleaner for years and wouldnt be without it.thanks.Al.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

so far so good,seems like the reset worked.

5. ghkamien

ghkamien Member

great, Solved!

6. aldan

aldan Active member

well i spoke too soon,it came back.so i went to control panel and went into programs and features and turned ie 9 off.i never use it anyway.i guess we will just wait and see.

7. aldan

aldan Active member

i know ive said this before but so far so good.